• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
This matches the Southwark clue better, but does not match the first clue. Gainsborough is far from the largest urban area in the UK to not have a city...

The required station is in England, but is north of Gainsborough. And not just by the odd mile either.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
It is!

But what is the name of the station in question?

Note to self: Slow down. Will hit 100 posts in 24 hours at this rate :?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Not Thornaby. If it helps, go on Wikipedia and look up the Tees Valley Metro; specifically, look at its map. The station I require should be obvious!
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Lets see, I'm going to have to make this one harder than my previous station.

I am normally served by 2 TOCs, but on very rare occasions I am served by a 3rd TOC. This 'mysterious' TOC doesn't have any timetabled stops here but it does call if it ever comes via me.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
That could surely be more than one station! For all I know, you could mean Bath Spa - i.e. my new local station - and that XC are the mystery operator, when in fact they do stop here once a day anyway...
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
This could be Worcester Shrub Hill, perhaps.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
This could be Worcester Shrub Hill, perhaps.

Darn, I thought it would last longer than that, my next clue was going to be that the XC also very rarely call at a nearby station (ie Droitwich Spa).

Well done :)
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
This puts me in an awkward position, I don't think I can get away with East Grinstead again. Or South Croydon...

Hmmm....
I am in a less than desirable area, since traffic dried up. I have far less usage than my fellow station. However, all trains passing through (2 each way an hour) stop at me, and I mark the entrance to double track.

Oh yeah, semaphore signals, coast.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,465
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
This puts me in an awkward position, I don't think I can get away with East Grinstead again. Or South Croydon...

Hmmm....
I am in a less than desirable area, since traffic dried up. I have far less usage than my fellow station. However, all trains passing through (2 each way an hour) stop at me, and I mark the entrance to double track.

Oh yeah, semaphore signals, coast.

Fareham?
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Doesn't have a fellow station. ie Croydon style "fellows" (it isn't Croydon)
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
But alas! Not close enough to the coast ;)
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Yup! Really close to a sewage works if I recall.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,465
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
really? never! :D

I was just trying to be helpful:roll:


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I was just trying to be helpful....I might have been quoted a few Northumberland station:D

Never mind the sarcasm....come and have a go:p

If you are from Gateshead, you will be playing Stockport County next season
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top