• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Unless it's Ivybridge (count that as a guess), I strongly suspect that this station is actually some distance from the Great Western.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
By the way, what is the definition of Cornwall? Does it just have to cross the Tamar Bridge (or run on the Tamar Valley Line), or does it actually have to run through to Penzance (or Newquay I guess)?
 

imagination

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2010
Messages
505
@ Anon - nope sorry Parson Street has far too many trains.

@ Ivo - no it isn't Ivybridge (which interestingly only succeeds in #1), and Cornwall is defined as the area within the ceremonial county of Cornwall.
 
Last edited:

imagination

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2010
Messages
505
No trains terminate at Starcross and there are too many trains again :p
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'll give you a hint - Ivo was right on his suspicion on post 182. :p
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
????? - posted in error above the double post line...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wild guess; Barry Links? (NOT posted in error)
 
Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
It's not around the GW from the looks of things! That's why I put up that "suspicion".

Freshford has an hourly service.
 

imagination

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2010
Messages
505
@ Barry Links - Golf street, which is the next station northbound, is neither closed nor has trains terminating there. Also has too few trains.
@ Reddish South - not enough trains. And fails all 4. :p
 

imagination

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2010
Messages
505
Portlethen it is :)

Trains pass through on the way from Aberdeen to London (Kings cross/Eustone) and Cornwall (Penzance), though neither stop.
There is a massive gap in trains southbound between the very early morning and the evening peak, with a single exception in the middle of the day. However there aree quite a lot of trains in the evening, and 2 in the very early morning.
The stations on either side are closed.
There is one southbound train a day that terminates at Stonehaven, and most northbound trains terminate at Aberdeen, although neither of these are terminus stations.
 
Last edited:

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
Think I'll go then.

Great Northern Route.
Two Platforms.
This town was the first of something in the world.
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
Letchworth. Garden City.

If I'm right I'll still leave it open - cooking summons....

Correct! It was the worlds first garden city.

I'll leave you to cook, and I'll leave someone else to post another one.
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Here's one for you; probably fairly easy.

This rural station opened in 2002. Despite having a very short platform (only one door is opened) and serving a very small village, the station has remarkably high usage figures. Indeed, on opening, over half the village switched from road to rail for their commute!
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Here's one for you; probably fairly easy.

This rural station opened in 2002. Despite having a very short platform (only one door is opened) and serving a very small village, the station has remarkably high usage figures. Indeed, on opening, over half the village switched from road to rail for their commute!

Beauly, between Dingwall and Inverness

Inverness is the fastest growing city in Europe.
 
Last edited:

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
I knew that would be an easy one; it's one of the biggest rural success stories in recent history. It is Beauly.

Floor open.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
I knew that would be an easy one; it's one of the biggest rural success stories in recent history. It is Beauly.

Floor open.

How do you get a floor open when I answered it????

Anyway:

Two platforms
GEML
Exceptionally close to a county/city/authority border.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is too easy.
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
I made the thread, so I'm going to allow Metro stations.

1) This station is on the Newcastle Metro
2) Two platforms
3) Metro trains finish here
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top