amcluesent
Member
- Joined
- 19 Dec 2010
- Messages
- 877
19:06 out of KGX sitting at Stevenage blocking fast up. Can't get the doors to lock. Delays building to add to the generally poor day on EC.
19:06 out of KGX sitting at Stevenage blocking fast up. Can't get the doors to lock. Delays building to add to the generally poor day on EC.

yes and yes. They've justterminated it at Stevenage.

Phew, back home
Usual EC comedy of errors, seems the doors or B and C on the HST wouldn't open. We were all just getting off at Stevenage when, as if my magic, the doors opened. Must be an EMT stock 'feature'.
Anyhow, knowing standard would be 'mare, I "anticipated' declassification and got into FC on the Leeds service which had stopped for us. As did quite a few other pax...I don't suppose those who'd paid for FC were too pleased as any chance of complementaries were scuppered - I think they got the drinks trolley, mind.
Delay\Repays being handed out at PBO!
So HSTs do have interlock then? I was told by a Train Manager once that there was no interlock to prevent the train getting moved with the doors unlocked.
decision to declassify First Class and made a announcement advising of this.
Finally your sarcasm or attempt at sarcasm is not needed and from my view is akin to having a go at East Coast
How is the interlock done when there is a locomotive?HSTs do indeed have door interlock as do most trains nowadays have with the exception of preserved railways/charters.
How is the interlock done when there is a locomotive?
The orange lights on loco hauled stock used to be illuminated when the doors were unlocked, as far as I know this was not interlocked with the locomotive. Having all these lights go out would tell you the doors are locked though.From a dispatcher's view point, all the door interlock lights go out when interlock is gained therefore the HST must have interlock.
From a dispatcher's view point, all the door interlock lights go out when interlock is gained therefore the HST must have interlock.
I never heard that announcement, who knows why.
My bad, I guess getting home 60+ mins late after having stood in the nippy night air on Stevenage platform makes me an unhappy chappy![]()