Hi all, I'm brand new here but I'm hoping some of you more in the know than I am might be able to help put my mind at ease regarding internal transfers at GWR.
I'm a new Driver with GWR's Eastern Region, and while I'm extremely happy where I am, and very pleased to have secured the position after years of applications, there are a number of background complications at home which have come up very unexpectedly. It is increasingly clear that they may make it necessary for me to transfer to the Western Region at some point in the next five years, more specifically Par or Penzance. Apologies if this all sounds a bit cloak and dagger, but I'm still very new and I'm worried about doing anything to harm my future career at an early stage.
Without getting into to much detail about my circumstances, as to a certain extent I'm trying to be discreet about this as the circumstances motivating the enquiry are very delicate, I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some sound advice regarding the following:
1. Am I correct that GWR allow one transfer opportunity to each driver in their career?
2. Is there a set amount of time that the company stipulate must pass before such a tranfer request is made?
3. Are there any extenuating cicumstances that may reduce this?
4. (Long shot) Does anybody know what the Cornish depots are like when it comes to taking transferred Drivers?
Thanks in advance!
I'm a new Driver with GWR's Eastern Region, and while I'm extremely happy where I am, and very pleased to have secured the position after years of applications, there are a number of background complications at home which have come up very unexpectedly. It is increasingly clear that they may make it necessary for me to transfer to the Western Region at some point in the next five years, more specifically Par or Penzance. Apologies if this all sounds a bit cloak and dagger, but I'm still very new and I'm worried about doing anything to harm my future career at an early stage.
Without getting into to much detail about my circumstances, as to a certain extent I'm trying to be discreet about this as the circumstances motivating the enquiry are very delicate, I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some sound advice regarding the following:
1. Am I correct that GWR allow one transfer opportunity to each driver in their career?
2. Is there a set amount of time that the company stipulate must pass before such a tranfer request is made?
3. Are there any extenuating cicumstances that may reduce this?
4. (Long shot) Does anybody know what the Cornish depots are like when it comes to taking transferred Drivers?
Thanks in advance!