• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How flexible are GWR when it comes to internal Driver transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Messages
3,228
That would be me :D still waiting for the elusive email/call/ANYTHING. anyone in the know on here have any news?

So the 8 that as in the school atm, are any for penzance? I have heard there is quite a few vacancies coming up. Hoping as I'm in the pool from last May I might hear something soon if nobody had started a course this year for penzance. Fingers crossed
The 8 I mentioned are Penzance. There's 100s training across the company at any one time. Penzance is a small depot. 8 is a lot
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busandrail

Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
94
The 8 I mentioned are Penzance. There's 100s training across the company at any one time. Penzance is a small depot. 8 is a lot

I see, my source on the inside has since told me there is 2 more for penzance in May and 4 in October. Could be a LONG wait
 

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Messages
3,228
More guards have also gone for their Driver assessments down there this week. Your wait is only getting longer.
 

Static65

Member
Joined
2 Aug 2018
Messages
102
Do you have any knowledge of the East side tiptoptaff, similar story over there?
 

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Messages
3,228
Do you have any knowledge of the East side tiptoptaff, similar story over there?
Much higher turnover over there. But out of my area so don't know the requirements. Turnover is such I could tell you how many are training and what vacancies there are, but it doesn't line up as well as it does in the West
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top