• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Horwich Locomotive Works again. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
21 Feb 2018
Messages
926
Railway World magazine in early 1965 carried a two part article about Horwich Locomotive Works.

I always take note of articles about the Works when I find them, as my paternal grandfather worked there in the early years of the 20th century, before the great depression when eventually he moved his family to Stapleford in the Derby/Nottingham area and where he took a job at the Loco Works in Derby as a blacksmith.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2024/07/15/horwich-locomotive-works-again/

An article about the Works 18" internal railway can be found here:

 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mollington St

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2019
Messages
280
Nice little 1978 issue for the Works

Folds out to 16 sides , good mix of photos showing everything from the Wagon Repair Shop , through to a plan of the site

Have just scanned and listed it on my site - Transport Past Times
 

Attachments

  • Scan_20240722 (9).png
    Scan_20240722 (9).png
    526.7 KB · Views: 34

Trackman

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2013
Messages
4,314
Location
Lewisham
Nice little 1978 issue for the Works

Folds out to 16 sides , good mix of photos showing everything from the Wagon Repair Shop , through to a plan of the site

Have just scanned and listed it on my site - Transport Past Times
Do you have a link please?
 

Whisky Papa

Member
Joined
8 Aug 2019
Messages
744
I went round on an Open Day some time in the mid 1970s. I did still have the little brochure we got that day until a few years ago, but if it is still around I'm afraid I doubt I could lay hands on it quickly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top