rogerfarnworth
Member
- Joined
- 21 Feb 2018
- Messages
- 926
Railway World magazine in early 1965 carried a two part article about Horwich Locomotive Works.
I always take note of articles about the Works when I find them, as my paternal grandfather worked there in the early years of the 20th century, before the great depression when eventually he moved his family to Stapleford in the Derby/Nottingham area and where he took a job at the Loco Works in Derby as a blacksmith.
http://rogerfarnworth.com/2024/07/15/horwich-locomotive-works-again/
An article about the Works 18" internal railway can be found here:
I always take note of articles about the Works when I find them, as my paternal grandfather worked there in the early years of the 20th century, before the great depression when eventually he moved his family to Stapleford in the Derby/Nottingham area and where he took a job at the Loco Works in Derby as a blacksmith.
http://rogerfarnworth.com/2024/07/15/horwich-locomotive-works-again/
An article about the Works 18" internal railway can be found here:
Horwich Locomotive Works and its 18" Gauge Internal Railway System
For a number of years in the 1920s and possibly also the 1930s my grandfather worked as a blacksmith in Horwich Loco Works. The works have always, as a result, had a specific interest for me. It has been somewhat saddening over the years to see their gradual deterioration and eventual closure...
www.railforums.co.uk
Last edited: