Spa Valley is pretty hell, should have there extension open this year so will be popping along again. Think alot of people under-estimate the line, they certainly were not shy of the power handle on the beerexs back in August
Even then they're not shy of the power handle in general on that line, even on the 33s when multied up, when some lines wouldn't know how (Yes Mad Hants, I DO mean you!)
Of lines i'm looking at doing this year, I think a trip up to the Caley at Brechin may be in order if 37097 gets one of their summer saturday turns.
The Caledonian is a nice railway, I went for the McRats last summer and the one before then, but only because I was visiting my grandparents in Dundee at the time. Although, I did under-estimate the distance from Montrose to Bridge of Dun, turned out to be a 3 mile walk along the main road! (Yes I knew there was a bus from Montrose to Brechin via Bridge of Dun, but because the train from Dundee was delayed by about 10 minutes, I missed the bus :roll
I remember them saying on PD forum at the end of the summer, that they are probably not going to do summer saturday diesel turns in the 2009 season, because of the small number of visitors who came in the summer of 2008.

A shame because I enjoyed both visits! On the 2008 visit, I got a cabride in D5301 which was well worth it!
