just looked at the page and the original 8,000 signatures becomes 8,00 a couple of lines later, so I'm not the only one to mis-spel!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
also SWT are quoted as saying that it would be entirely wrong for any disciplinary decision, especially one involving a serious breach of safety regulations to be infuenced by external parties or factors
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I hope I had covered the essential points of the story - consider Mr Swayne's comments irrelevent. SWT consider the matter closed, and the story reported by the media to be very inaccurate. If the case is referred to a tribunal, they will reveal the full facts leading to their decision.
These comments may be viewed through the link "South West Trains defend their decision to sack Lymington stationmaster Ian Faletto" - note the title
The last two paragraphs of my 1649 editied post are firstly comments made on another thread in this forum on the same subject, and the last paragraph is a thought of my own as to whether Faletto, or his supporters, have tried to justify his actions by claiming that the trolley presented a life threatening situation,
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Our local rag, the Welwyn Hatfield Times is just as bad with typos and a complete failure to do proper research.
However, I've found the story and it does appear to be a bit different. It has either been corrected or the above text was re-written and not a direct cut and paste.
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...of_sacked_railway_worker_going_to_Parliament/
that's the same link as the one I posted.
It was not me who renamed the Guardian the Grauniad because of its many typos. Is the Ricket Rescue group still active on the FFestiniog, so named as the day one of the Hunslet 0-4-0' s derailed, the Grauniad reported the deraliment of Stephenson's Ricket