• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Northern stopped issuing delay repay compensation tickets?

Ballyheigue

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2025
Messages
345
Location
Leeds
Normally on the paper Delay Repay form, there is an option to get tickets from one place to another, either single or return. I ticked this option last time I claimed, as it's worth a lot more than getting your money back or having vouchers.

However, I recieved a voucher to the poor value of £4.09, OK so it's my money back, but I wanted a return ticket which would have been valid anywhere on the Northern network from one station to another, e.g. Whitby to Leeds via Newcastle and Carlisle.

I haven't gone that far in the past, but it's been useful such as to reach Whitehaven or Headbolt Lane for example. Seems a pity if they have stopped issuing them.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,292
@Ballyheigue. Just how long had you been delayed for when you submitted your 'Delay Repay' claim to Northern? If it's 15 to 29 minutes, then you're not eligible for a Complimentary Travel Pass.
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,311
Location
Bolton
No, the offer is still available.

Compensation in free Northern Tickets

Customers suffering a delay of 30 minutes or more can claim compensation in the form of a free complimentary ticket to be used on Northern services.

Were you delayed by half an hour or more? If so you can return your voucher / money and ask for a free ticket instead.
 

Ballyheigue

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2025
Messages
345
Location
Leeds

Top