• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has Lindsey Oil Refinery reopened to Rail?

Tobytrain10

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2026
Messages
404
Location
Lincoln
I have noticed over this past week, for a few days, when 6M00 from Humber oil refinery doesnt normally run and is cancelled, the path has been changed to Lindsey oil refinery instead and has run.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,496
I have noticed over this past week, for a few days, when 6M00 from Humber oil refinery doesnt normally run and is cancelled, the path has been changed to Lindsey oil refinery instead and has run.

The refinery itself has closed, but as I understand it, the sidings there are being used for loading
as there is limited space at Humber for extra trains.
 

Tobytrain10

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2026
Messages
404
Location
Lincoln
The refinery itself has closed, but as I understand it, the sidings there are being used for loading
as there is limited space at Humber for extra trains.
Ahh ok, currently they do only still seem to be running 2 paths a day, but 6M00 used to only run 2 or 3 times a week, but now on days it didnt run, its been running from 'lindsey' instead. do you know if they are going to use more than 2 paths? Because the minute 6M57 started again, 6M35 stopped
 

Charlie978

Member
Joined
31 Jul 2025
Messages
68
Location
Chesterfield
At the moment not sure of the paths, but I am aware of it reopening later this year, November was the last I heard but could have changed since. Unsure how this will affect rail.
 

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Joined
13 Sep 2014
Messages
2,565
At the moment not sure of the paths, but I am aware of it reopening later this year, November was the last I heard but could have changed since. Unsure how this will affect rail.
My understanding is that Phillips 66 will be re-commencing trains once it has integrated the facility into its operations at the neighbouring refinery (Humber)
 

Top