iantherev
Member
I just looked at post # 1 and Taunton is definitely there. Either that or I need to go to Specsavers....
^Okay, where do I ask about opportunities to ride?
I took his post to be asking about getting to a station served by the *GWR IET initial diagrams*, in order to travel on/view the *GWR IET initial diagrams* in service. One could be excused surely by asking this in a thread entitled *GWR IET initial diagrams*, no??Just go to Post #1
Aye, I have noticed that. Might take a while to check that the rear 5 are empty and then locked OOU.Interesting, both times I've got Taunton bound services there have been waits/delays at Temple Meads. I thought it might be while they try and clear out the rear set of 5 coaches.
I believe the changes came in yesterday (monday). 100% the 17:30 was a HST yesterday. Not sure about the 19:30.The initial post seems to suggest not although I joined the 1930 Padd-Weston service at Temple Meads last friday and that was a IET.
Sorry if already posted here or elsewhere.
From January 2018 there will be the following Class 800 workings to Taunton:-
a) 1C22 1630 Paddington - Taunton via Bristol Temple Meads.
Then empty to Stoke Gifford.
b) 1C24 1730 Paddington - Taunton via Bristol Temple Meads.
1A37 2127 Taunton - Paddington via
Bristol Temple Meads.
c) 1A09 0712 Taunton-Paddington via
Bristol Temple Meads.
These apply Monday to Friday from 1st January.
This was posted on the "frequently requested diagrams" updates thread.
That’s helpful thank you for posting. Does anyone know of any other further diagrams to be introduced other than just to Taunton?![]()
2 more weeks. Plan is currently 4 new diagrams (2x 10 car) every 4 weeks.
According to CIS 1730 Paddington to Taunton would have been an IEP

Any ideas when the 800's will reach Cheltenham? I've had a quick look through the thread and searched the site and elsewhere and can't se any info, so was wondering if it was happening in the new year or a long way off!
I've been on a few from Chippenham but Kemble is easier
And before I get lynched alive, I like a HST as much as the next man but they are pretty rock and roll, I'm on one now and nearly had my tea over my laptop and I nearly felt sea sick on the way up!
When will these "superior" new trains be as fast as the the hst were over 30 years ago. I've got the old timetables that show how fast the journey times were then. London to Swindon in 42 minutes, now it's at least on hour. Parkway to London in 63 minutes.
When will the new trains be faster then trains built in the mid 70s?
Never .
Not everyone has selective or short memories when it comes to train timings.
Yes the GWML has different characteristics to the East Coast and West Coast mainlines. Stations much closer together, plus the growth of Didcot and the importance of Reading. Still, there will be regular non stop services from Bristol Parkway in the new timetable when all IETs are in service, so times will speed up
I think we are getting off topic again away from diagrams as already pointed out by Mods
Oops... my apologies
It was considered off-topic to assist someone in getting to a location to see this topic's diagrams, so the last couple of posts were definitely o/t.!!I think we are getting off topic again away from diagrams as already pointed out by Mods
Cheers and glad you haven't taken offence, Mods Post #282 refers.