Yes, conducted by SWR driversPresumably due to Reading to Wokingham being closed from Saturday to Monday.
Yes, conducted by SWR driversPresumably due to Reading to Wokingham being closed from Saturday to Monday.
Yes, conducted by SWR drivers
I'm very late, but did the 165 make it to Plymouth? I don't have RTT+ so can't check.Its showing as 165127 to Exeter only, so presumably it'll get cancelled there unless they run an 80x down to swap it with.
No, was due to be swapped out for a 150 but nobody told anyone so ended up being cancelled at Exeter with everything sent to the depotI'm very late, but did the 165 make it to Plymouth? I don't have RTT+ so can't check.
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it is 165130 as I know quite a few (myself included)who are waiting to get the red pens out for this unitI am not sure if this the right thread but a notable appearance this afternoon, if the allocation is correct, of 165130 which I don't think has seen the outside of St Philips Marsh depot for over a year, if not nearly two years? It looks like a test train, so it does seem plausible.
Realtime Trains | 5Z10 1546 St Philips Mrsh H S T D to St Philips Mrsh H S T D | 16/12/2025
Real-time train running information for 5Z10 1546 departure from St Philips Mrsh H S T D to St Philips Mrsh H S T D on 16/12/2025. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it is 165130 as I know quite a few (myself included)who are waiting to get the red pens out for this unit
Certainly was in good fettle on its first working this morning (07.04 Bath - Filton) though at least one door button was on strike!It looks like the test run was OK, because it is in service today
Realtime Trains | 2Y11 0846 Avonmouth to Weston-super-Mare | 17/12/2025
Real-time train running information for 2Y11 0846 departure from Avonmouth to Weston-super-Mare on 17/12/2025. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
One long trip that is.It looks like 165118 is on its way down from Reading to work one of the Okehampton diagrams today
5P07 0349 Reading Traincare Depot to Reading
5C52 0425 Reading to Exeter St Davids
2R52 0902 Exeter St Davids to Exeter Central
2K04 0934 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R54 1023 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K06 1132 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R56 1225 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K08 1332 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R58 1424 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K10 1532 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R60 1623 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K12 1735 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2E62 1828 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K14 1942 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E64 2028 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K15 2117 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E65 2217 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
We had a plea to assist in the early hours to provide a spare unit so it could cover west work for a day. It was agreed the spare unit would go out on the back of the Greenford unit to Reading Station where an Exeter driver, who had been deposited on the Up Night Riviera, would come and collect it.It looks like 165118 is on its way down from Reading to work one of the Okehampton diagrams today
5P07 0349 Reading Traincare Depot to Reading
5C52 0425 Reading to Exeter St Davids
2R52 0902 Exeter St Davids to Exeter Central
2K04 0934 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R54 1023 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K06 1132 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R56 1225 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K08 1332 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R58 1424 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K10 1532 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R60 1623 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K12 1735 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2E62 1828 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K14 1942 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E64 2028 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K15 2117 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E65 2217 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
At least two were on the mainlineWhat has happened to the 150s. I only count 11 on the usual Devon and Cornwall branches and that's with buses on the Looe and St Ives branches.
There should be another 4 out somewhere. Requirements is 15/20 and there is only 5 on the Stop list so all 15 should be out.What has happened to the 150s. I only count 11 on the usual Devon and Cornwall branches and that's with buses on the Looe and St Ives branches.
165126 has replaced 121 according to realtimetrains.The Windsor shuttle has failed this morning at Slough. Looks like it will be heading back to Reading. Hopefully they source a replacement unit.
I see there are no units showing yesterday (on RTT) for Didcot - Banbury and return workings 2M08, 2V11, 2M16, 2V19, 2M24, 2V27, 2M32, 2V35, 2M40, 2V43, 2M48, 2V51, 2M56, 2V59, 2M64, 2V65, 2M72 and 2V73; think it was something from 165120 and 165126 that was allocated.
More Windsor shuttle problems today with the unusual sighting of two turbos in the bay at Slough. The unit at the buffers was being checked over by staff whilst a second was providing the service. I would be interested to hear what signalling arrangements had to be carried out to allow that.
All the interesting things seem to happen in half term!More Windsor shuttle problems today with the unusual sighting of two turbos in the bay at Slough. The unit at the buffers was being checked over by staff whilst a second was providing the service. I would be interested to hear what signalling arrangements had to be carried out to allow that.
It was reported as a points failure so the turbo is likely not to blame. No 8 bus should be every half hour.All the interesting things seem to happen in half term!
As if to prove my point, it's not working today, so I'm waiting for a bus - fortunately I am for once not under time pressure.
I only encountered one delayed service on the branch last year...
RTT says that it was "a failure of the on-board safety systems". I saw it shunt out of the station at 14.25 but didn't get the number. The board at Central station claimed that the 16.20 was running, so I thought I'd take that rather than chance the bus, but it has since revised that to the 16.40. Oh well...It was reported as a points failure so the turbo is likely not to blame. No 8 bus should be every half hour.
It is 165123, I've just escaped onto it from a thunderstorm...Does seem like it was a fault with the unit. It was showing as 165124 this morning until the cancellations but is now showing as 165123 for the rest of the day.
The points failure at Maidenhead meant a replacement unit could not be sent to Slough for a whileIt was reported as a points failure so the turbo is likely not to blame. No 8 bus should be every half hour.