• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Class 165/166 Turbo Diagrams

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pompeyfan

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2012
Messages
4,445
This time a VSTP move from Reading to Guildford via Woking. Oddly running as a 5Q rather than the 5Z that it ran as last time.

 

Jrocks

Member
Joined
27 Apr 2021
Messages
182
Location
Torbay
I'm very late, but did the 165 make it to Plymouth? I don't have RTT+ so can't check.
No, was due to be swapped out for a 150 but nobody told anyone so ended up being cancelled at Exeter with everything sent to the depot
 

Siemens Staines

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2015
Messages
1,549
I am not sure if this the right thread but a notable appearance this afternoon, if the allocation is correct, of 165130 which I don't think has seen the outside of St Philips Marsh depot for over a year, if not nearly two years? It looks like a test train, so it does seem plausible.

 

Pep and co

Member
Joined
17 May 2019
Messages
338
I am not sure if this the right thread but a notable appearance this afternoon, if the allocation is correct, of 165130 which I don't think has seen the outside of St Philips Marsh depot for over a year, if not nearly two years? It looks like a test train, so it does seem plausible.

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it is 165130 as I know quite a few (myself included)who are waiting to get the red pens out for this unit
 

Siemens Staines

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2015
Messages
1,549
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it is 165130 as I know quite a few (myself included)who are waiting to get the red pens out for this unit

It looks like the test run was OK, because it is in service today
 

The exile

Established Member
Joined
31 Mar 2010
Messages
9,473
Location
Somerset
It looks like the test run was OK, because it is in service today
Certainly was in good fettle on its first working this morning (07.04 Bath - Filton) though at least one door button was on strike!
 

Siemens Staines

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2015
Messages
1,549
It looks like 165118 is on its way down from Reading to work one of the Okehampton diagrams today

5P07 0349 Reading Traincare Depot to Reading
5C52 0425 Reading to Exeter St Davids
2R52 0902 Exeter St Davids to Exeter Central
2K04 0934 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R54 1023 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K06 1132 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R56 1225 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K08 1332 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R58 1424 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K10 1532 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R60 1623 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K12 1735 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2E62 1828 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K14 1942 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E64 2028 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K15 2117 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E65 2217 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
 

Anonymous10

Established Member
Joined
19 Dec 2019
Messages
2,634
Location
wales
It looks like 165118 is on its way down from Reading to work one of the Okehampton diagrams today

5P07 0349 Reading Traincare Depot to Reading
5C52 0425 Reading to Exeter St Davids
2R52 0902 Exeter St Davids to Exeter Central
2K04 0934 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R54 1023 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K06 1132 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R56 1225 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K08 1332 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R58 1424 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K10 1532 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R60 1623 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K12 1735 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2E62 1828 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K14 1942 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E64 2028 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K15 2117 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E65 2217 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
One long trip that is.
 

FGW_DID

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
3,037
Location
81D & 81E
It looks like 165118 is on its way down from Reading to work one of the Okehampton diagrams today

5P07 0349 Reading Traincare Depot to Reading
5C52 0425 Reading to Exeter St Davids
2R52 0902 Exeter St Davids to Exeter Central
2K04 0934 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R54 1023 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K06 1132 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R56 1225 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K08 1332 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R58 1424 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K10 1532 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2R60 1623 Okehampton to Exeter Central
2K12 1735 Exeter Central to Okehampton
2E62 1828 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K14 1942 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E64 2028 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
2K15 2117 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
2E65 2217 Okehampton to Exeter St Davids
We had a plea to assist in the early hours to provide a spare unit so it could cover west work for a day. It was agreed the spare unit would go out on the back of the Greenford unit to Reading Station where an Exeter driver, who had been deposited on the Up Night Riviera, would come and collect it.

What’s that I hear? “The railway only operates for own convenience and not the convenience of its passengers” yeah Ok :rolleyes::rolleyes:
 

REVUpminster

Established Member
Joined
3 Jan 2021
Messages
1,314
Location
Paignton
What has happened to the 150s. I only count 11 on the usual Devon and Cornwall branches and that's with buses on the Looe and St Ives branches.
 

FGW_DID

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
3,037
Location
81D & 81E
What has happened to the 150s. I only count 11 on the usual Devon and Cornwall branches and that's with buses on the Looe and St Ives branches.
There should be another 4 out somewhere. Requirements is 15/20 and there is only 5 on the Stop list so all 15 should be out.
 

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
The Windsor shuttle has failed this morning at Slough. Looks like it will be heading back to Reading. Hopefully they source a replacement unit.
 

43025 Exeter

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2013
Messages
166
I see there are no units showing yesterday (on RTT) for Didcot - Banbury and return workings 2M08, 2V11, 2M16, 2V19, 2M24, 2V27, 2M32, 2V35, 2M40, 2V43, 2M48, 2V51, 2M56, 2V59, 2M64, 2V65, 2M72 and 2V73; think it was something from 165120 and 165126 that was allocated.
 

Siemens Staines

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2015
Messages
1,549
I see there are no units showing yesterday (on RTT) for Didcot - Banbury and return workings 2M08, 2V11, 2M16, 2V19, 2M24, 2V27, 2M32, 2V35, 2M40, 2V43, 2M48, 2V51, 2M56, 2V59, 2M64, 2V65, 2M72 and 2V73; think it was something from 165120 and 165126 that was allocated.

For some reason 165126 has been operating incognito since last Thursday, but I think it has been in service every day bar Sunday. It has certainly been on the diagrams that I have eye-balled which have had no allocation on RTT or LRR, including 2V35/2M40 that you reference for yesterday. I have not seen it today, but I assume it is on the diagram commencing with 2M02 that has no allocation. Yesterday, 165120 was parked on the naughty step on Reading TCD.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Whatever the issue was with 165126, it now shows up on RTT (Thursday) and so do all of its workings for the past week
 
Last edited:

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
More Windsor shuttle problems today with the unusual sighting of two turbos in the bay at Slough. The unit at the buffers was being checked over by staff whilst a second was providing the service. I would be interested to hear what signalling arrangements had to be carried out to allow that.
 
Joined
26 Jun 2019
Messages
212
The unit failed yesterday, the last Windsor shuttle train last night was supposed to be cancelled to have time for the failed unit to leave the station but sounds like that plan didn’t happen if the unit is still there.
 

800301

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2022
Messages
542
Location
Essex
More Windsor shuttle problems today with the unusual sighting of two turbos in the bay at Slough. The unit at the buffers was being checked over by staff whilst a second was providing the service. I would be interested to hear what signalling arrangements had to be carried out to allow that.

None because you can be permissively worked in Slough, as the above poster has said, it should have be rescued last night by using the last unit but I assume bigger problems were found
 

CR165022

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2019
Messages
1,443
Location
Buckinghamshire
It would seem that the unit working the shuttle today had to take the failed unit it with it back to Reading before coming back by itself, resulting in the few cancellations today.
 

Purple Train

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2022
Messages
2,479
Location
Exile or exile
More Windsor shuttle problems today with the unusual sighting of two turbos in the bay at Slough. The unit at the buffers was being checked over by staff whilst a second was providing the service. I would be interested to hear what signalling arrangements had to be carried out to allow that.
All the interesting things seem to happen in half term!

As if to prove my point, it's not working today, so I'm waiting for a bus - fortunately I am for once not under time pressure.

I only encountered one delayed service on the branch last year...
 

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
All the interesting things seem to happen in half term!

As if to prove my point, it's not working today, so I'm waiting for a bus - fortunately I am for once not under time pressure.

I only encountered one delayed service on the branch last year...
It was reported as a points failure so the turbo is likely not to blame. No 8 bus should be every half hour.
 

Purple Train

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2022
Messages
2,479
Location
Exile or exile
It was reported as a points failure so the turbo is likely not to blame. No 8 bus should be every half hour.
RTT says that it was "a failure of the on-board safety systems". I saw it shunt out of the station at 14.25 but didn't get the number. The board at Central station claimed that the 16.20 was running, so I thought I'd take that rather than chance the bus, but it has since revised that to the 16.40. Oh well...
 

CR165022

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2019
Messages
1,443
Location
Buckinghamshire
Does seem like it was a fault with the unit. It was showing as 165124 this morning until the cancellations but is now showing as 165123 for the rest of the day.
 

Top