• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavey81

Member
Joined
1 Feb 2018
Messages
53
Passed my assessment and now have a MMI to look forward to.
That was tough and I am so glad I did lots of practice.

Have you heard anything on dates for DMI/MMI yet? I passed the assessment in early Feb too but not heard anything....
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
Hi,
I passed my assessment on the 31st January and got my DMI date arranged a few days after... perhaps contact them to find out what's happening. Is this the first time you've gone through the assessment stages?
 

Cavey81

Member
Joined
1 Feb 2018
Messages
53
Hi,
I passed my assessment on the 31st January and got my DMI date arranged a few days after... perhaps contact them to find out what's happening. Is this the first time you've gone through the assessment stages?

Yes it's the first time. What date is your DMI?
 

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
Likewise, very nervous for the interviews. It's booked in for early March, I had a choice of two dates as well but I wanted as much preparation as I could get. What depot have you applied for?
 
Last edited:

Cavey81

Member
Joined
1 Feb 2018
Messages
53
Likewise, very nervous for the interviews. It's on the 6th March, I had a choice of two dates as well but I wanted as much preparation as I could get. What depot have you applied for?

I applied for Hornsey. How about you? Just want to get the interviews done now.
 

Class315

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2008
Messages
329
I passed the assessments on the 30th of January, The only correspondence I’ve had since then was to fill out a HPI questionnaire in preparation for the interviews. I know someone that sat the assessments on the 23rd of January, who is sitting their DMI today.
 

1812_s

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2018
Messages
70
Hi guys, I applied for Hornesy and only got a email this morning to complete a situational test and then onto SCAAT if successful.

Does anyone have any tips for me on the situational judgement test for now ?
 

Class315

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2008
Messages
329
Spoke too soon, Just got a call booked in for early March.
 
Last edited:

ESONEULB

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2017
Messages
154
Hi guys, I applied for Hornesy and only got a email this morning to complete a situational test and then onto SCAAT if successful.

Does anyone have any tips for me on the situational judgement test for now ?

Safety Safety Safety
 

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
It
Hi guys, I applied for Hornesy and only got a email this morning to complete a situational test and then onto SCAAT if successful.

Does anyone have any tips for me on the situational judgement test for now ?


It's pretty simple and mostly common sense, just remember to put safety first. Good luck!
 

ESONEULB

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2017
Messages
154
I received an email

In preparation for your upcoming Line Manager Interview we would like you to complete The Hogan Personality Inventory (Safety Report) personality assessment (HPI)..
 

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
I received an email

In preparation for your upcoming Line Manager Interview we would like you to complete The Hogan Personality Inventory (Safety Report) personality assessment (HPI)..
I've done the personality assessment and was pretty straight forward, just be honest and I'm sure you will be fine
 

1812_s

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2018
Messages
70
guys is there somewhere i can see an example of the situational test. I know it will be a common sense excercise and based on safety but it never hurts to be over prepared.
 

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
Yeah the line manager interview is just with a driver manager and hr. When we research the toc do we research GTR or thameslink?
 

Class315

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2008
Messages
329
I received an email

In preparation for your upcoming Line Manager Interview we would like you to complete The Hogan Personality Inventory (Safety Report) personality assessment (HPI)..

That was the assessment I spoke to you about previously, enjoy the 206 questions mate.
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,670
Yeah the line manager interview is just with a driver manager and hr. When we research the toc do we research GTR or thameslink?

Research a bit of both, but mainly the line you are on so thameslink.
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,670
Thank you, I appreciate it. Have you had your DMI before then?

Yes with thameslink, and they were impressed with my homework, but failed on structured questions, but am starting as a trainee driver with another toc in three weeks.
 

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
Yes with thameslink, and they were impressed with my homework, but failed on structured questions, but am starting as a trainee driver with another toc in three weeks.
What toc are you starting with? Have you got any tips or suggestions? Really worried about the interviews as I've read how strict they are with the answers you provide?
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,670
What toc are you starting with? Have you got any tips or suggestions? Really worried about the interviews as I've read how strict they are with the answers you provide?

Arriva rail london. Difficult as i failed first one, the tell us a time questions have to be real examples of what you did, most people say to use star technique, situation, task, action, result. I forgot that and did not consciously use it. I learnt a lot about the line, how many stations, and quoting important ones, such as luton airport and gatwick airport. I learnt the traction types, the thameslink programme, such as lengthening stations, rebuilding london bridge etc. Having said all that i did the same things in both dmi's and one i failed and one i passed, so it is hard to know what works. Maybe i wore the wrong socks for thameslink.
 

Rachael92

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2018
Messages
87
Location
Cambridge
Arriva rail london. Difficult as i failed first one, the tell us a time questions have to be real examples of what you did, most people say to use star technique, situation, task, action, result. I forgot that and did not consciously use it. I learnt a lot about the line, how many stations, and quoting important ones, such as luton airport and gatwick airport. I learnt the traction types, the thameslink programme, such as lengthening stations, rebuilding london bridge etc. Having said all that i did the same things in both dmi's and one i failed and one i passed, so it is hard to know what works. Maybe i wore the wrong socks for thameslink.
Well good luck with training. Thanks for all the information as it certainly helps. I think I'm just going to prepare as much as I can and hope I wear the right socks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top