• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESONEULB

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2017
Messages
154
I just got an email regarding an assessment day woop very excited but scared. Can anyone tell me what to expect ? Do I need to wear smart clothes ? All tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

You should have or will get sent an email with attachments telling you everything you need to know...

Good Luck
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RV83

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2017
Messages
12
I just got an email regarding an assessment day woop very excited but scared. Can anyone tell me what to expect ? Do I need to wear smart clothes ? All tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Yes smart dress is a must bit they will send you all the info and training materials on email. Get comfortable with all the areas you will be assessed on, once you are confident you know what you are doing try and be replaced on the day
Did you apply for Hornsey or Cricklewood?
 

RV83

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2017
Messages
12
You should have or will get sent an email with attachments telling you everything you need to know...

Good Luck

Which of your applications did you hear back on first if you don't mind me asking?
 

Eggs&Bacon

Member
Joined
3 May 2017
Messages
101
Hi All,

1st post,got the dreaded “you have many strengths,but it’s a no” email today.

Gutted
 

RV83

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2017
Messages
12
I just got an email regarding an assessment day woop very excited but scared. Can anyone tell me what to expect ? Do I need to wear smart clothes ? All tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Did you have to do the miniSCAAT test?
 

Eggs&Bacon

Member
Joined
3 May 2017
Messages
101
That’s correct,I’ve had two emails saying thanks for your patience and they are still waiting for updates regarding the next steps.
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,669
That’s correct,I’ve had two emails saying thanks for your patience and they are still waiting for updates regarding the next steps.

Ah ok me too, when you said you heard nothing, i thought you had not had the patience e mails.
 

GMTUK

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2018
Messages
41
I've had the online assessments through, which I am due to complete by tomorrow.

One interesting point was that I applied for both Cricklewood and Hornsey and got an email stating my Hornsey application was killed off as I couldn't apply for multiple positions.
 

voodooqueen86

New Member
Joined
20 Nov 2017
Messages
1
I've just got through the miniSCAART and have now been asked to come to an assessment day..
Hi - well done. I have completed the mini-SCAAT test but unfortunately I wasnt picked to go to the assessment day. I will have to wait 6 months before I can apply again. The mini-SCAAT test, is it looking for speed in going through all the lines or the accuracy?
 

choochoochoo

Established Member
Joined
6 Aug 2013
Messages
1,318
Hi - well done. I have completed the mini-SCAAT test but unfortunately I wasnt picked to go to the assessment day. I will have to wait 6 months before I can apply again. The mini-SCAAT test, is it looking for speed in going through all the lines or the accuracy?

As with the SCAAT or GB, it's a balance of both
 
Joined
16 Jan 2018
Messages
14
Yes smart dress is a must bit they will send you all the info and training materials on email. Get comfortable with all the areas you will be assessed on, once you are confident you know what you are doing try and be replaced on the day
Did you apply for Hornsey or Cricklewood?

Cricklewood.
 

Knowledgeboy

Member
Joined
31 Oct 2016
Messages
83
Location
London
I’ve had an email today to complete the SJT. Has anyone else heard anything or attended assessments yet. I applied for Hornsey!
 

GMTUK

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2018
Messages
41
I’ve had an email today to complete the SJT. Has anyone else heard anything or attended assessments yet. I applied for Hornsey!

Is that the one you complete at home?
I completed mine and submitted this afternoon.
 

GMTUK

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2018
Messages
41
Guys, how long after you submitted your mini scat were you advised of results?
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
Got an invite to the assessment centre today on 21st February.I have passed all the tests including the extra ones GTR do,with enchanced pass marks.Do they do role play on the day or have line manager interviews on the day?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top