• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Assistant Salesperson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leogilbert007

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2024
Messages
162
Location
Born under the Brixton sun
Hi all,

A bit worried as my disability (issues with fine motor skills and processing, not to mention a difficult-to-understand format)meant I ran out of time on the assessment linked after I submitted my application to GTR. I emailed the relevant person straight-away explaining the situation, but do you know if this will vastly prejudice my application? Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Hi all,

A bit worried as my disability (issues with fine motor skills and processing, not to mention a difficult-to-understand format)meant I ran out of time on the assessment linked after I submitted my application to GTR. I emailed the relevant person straight-away explaining the situation, but do you know if this will vastly prejudice my application? Thanks

GTR are not allowed to discriminate based on disability - did you speak with GTR prior to sitting any assessments to discuss possible reasonable adjustments?
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
No, not prior that's the thing...

Were you given opportunity to declare any disability and ask for adjustments at application stage?

I’d probably suggest there would need to be some ownership on your part to ask for help if it would have been reasonably foreseeable that you’d have needed some form of reasonable adjustment.

If the assessment was directly after the application was submitted, I guess there may be an argument that you wouldn’t have had a chance to ask.

It’s a tricky one - I wouldn’t know what the way forward should be. Legally, morally, or in reality.
 

Leogilbert007

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2024
Messages
162
Location
Born under the Brixton sun
Were you given opportunity to declare any disability and ask for adjustments at application stage?

I’d probably suggest there would need to be some ownership on your part to ask for help if it would have been reasonably foreseeable that you’d have needed some form of reasonable adjustment.

If the assessment was directly after the application was submitted, I guess there may be an argument that you wouldn’t have had a chance to ask.

It’s a tricky one - I wouldn’t know what the way forward should be. Legally, morally, or in reality.
For clarity purposes, I *did* tell them about how my disability affects me prior to completing the assessment, but I didn't tell them about my disability *in relation to the assessment*

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

For clarity purposes, I *did* tell them about how my disability affects me prior to completing the assessment, but I didn't tell them about my disability *in relation to the assessment*
Thanks for your help!
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Genuinely, see what they come back with. You may be pleasantly surprised. As noted above, I’m not sure what should happen here.
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,035
Location
London
Normally there is a box or a few questions in the application to state any disabilities and any impact they may have on you. Then GTR might then consider "reasonable adjustments" which in your case may have excluded extra time to complete an assessment. At this point, wait and see if you have any response.
 

Sussex

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2026
Messages
5
Location
Sussex
Hi all,

A bit worried as my disability (issues with fine motor skills and processing, not to mention a difficult-to-understand format)meant I ran out of time on the assessment linked after I submitted my application to GTR. I emailed the relevant person straight-away explaining the situation, but do you know if this will vastly prejudice my application? Thanks
How did you get on?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top