Ivo
Established Member
Gromit 'grand trail' for Bristol Children's hospital
A nice touch, I think, that showcases one of the best and most-loved things to have come out of the city in recent decades. And for a very worthy cause as well. I hope I get to see them!BBC said:Gromit 'grand trail' for Bristol Children's hospital
A "grand trail" of 60 Gromit statues are to grace the streets of Bristol for 10 weeks next summer.
The five-foot tall (1.5m) models of the Oscar-winning animated characters will be painted by artists to raise cash for the Wallace and Gromit's Grand Appeal.
It aims to raise funds for Bristol's Children's Hospital through sponsorship and a charity auction afterwards.
Wallace and Gromit creator Nick Park said he was very pleased with the end result.
"They were made surprisingly quickly and I'm very particular exactly how Gromit looks and that he's in character," he said.
"The guy that did it made the original sculpture from the clay models in polystyrene and then a mould was made, and now they've been cast in fibreglass." (read more)
Last edited by a moderator:
