Hi all,
Yesterday 08/02 I travelled from Grimsby Town to Newbury Racecourse and back, booked tickets via split tickets and got a selection of advance singles to cover the entire journey.
Coming back i was booked onto the 18:15 Reading to Stockport Cross-country service which arrived into Stockport 7 mins late so I missed the last train of the night Stockport to Grimsby service as I only had a 6 min change in Stockport, Stockport station staff advised me to take train to Doncaster which I did and speak to staff there, Doncaster station staff who were very healpful tbf and within 10 mins they had arranged and paid for a taxi for me to Grimsby.
Obviously I will claim delay repay from Cross Country I assume as although their train was only 7 mins late it meant I missed my connecting train.
I am aware I get 100% back but I am just wondering how that works? Surely it does not include the outward journey as the outward journey was exclusively done using advance singles? Grimsby to King's Cross advance and then London Underground zone 1 to Newbury Racecourse advance, as that outward part of the journey was not affected i assume the price of those tickets are not repaid? And I will receive 100% of the inbound tickets. (It was part of the same itinerary if that makes a difference)
Another slight complication is that one of the splits was Reading and when I got to Reading I chose to leave the station to get a quick pint before my 18:15 train, I had the time, that paper ticket was swallowed by the ticket barriers so I am missing the Newbury to Reading ticket. I do have the full itinerary on emails still which I can send them, would that be sufficient if I explain the situation?
please advise
Thanks
Yesterday 08/02 I travelled from Grimsby Town to Newbury Racecourse and back, booked tickets via split tickets and got a selection of advance singles to cover the entire journey.
Coming back i was booked onto the 18:15 Reading to Stockport Cross-country service which arrived into Stockport 7 mins late so I missed the last train of the night Stockport to Grimsby service as I only had a 6 min change in Stockport, Stockport station staff advised me to take train to Doncaster which I did and speak to staff there, Doncaster station staff who were very healpful tbf and within 10 mins they had arranged and paid for a taxi for me to Grimsby.
Obviously I will claim delay repay from Cross Country I assume as although their train was only 7 mins late it meant I missed my connecting train.
I am aware I get 100% back but I am just wondering how that works? Surely it does not include the outward journey as the outward journey was exclusively done using advance singles? Grimsby to King's Cross advance and then London Underground zone 1 to Newbury Racecourse advance, as that outward part of the journey was not affected i assume the price of those tickets are not repaid? And I will receive 100% of the inbound tickets. (It was part of the same itinerary if that makes a difference)
Another slight complication is that one of the splits was Reading and when I got to Reading I chose to leave the station to get a quick pint before my 18:15 train, I had the time, that paper ticket was swallowed by the ticket barriers so I am missing the Newbury to Reading ticket. I do have the full itinerary on emails still which I can send them, would that be sufficient if I explain the situation?
please advise
Thanks