I agree with your points entirely, though this thread is for the views (or lack of) when approaching:- and Charing Cross has lovely views of the Thames!
The trip through the rooftops between London Bridge and Charing Cross is rather good as well.
I agree with your points entirely, though this thread is for the views (or lack of) when approaching:- and Charing Cross has lovely views of the Thames!
The yellow seating/paneling is getting removed from Queen Street LL & is getting replaced by this:
Not to mention a huge loss in seating capacity.Thank you and damn :/ That is a massive shame they are doing that. I did see they were taking it down at Central LL as well last time when was in Glasgow to.
Guess will make it uniform with the other stations. But gave those two stations a bit of character.
Chris
Ever been past Dagenham Dock to Rainham on LT &S? From simply industrial to plain depressing, yards of rotting buses, piles of old tyres and the odd forlorn bit of council housing in between to remind you there people still live there.
Not entirely sure I would include stations at the end of cuttings in this such as Lime Street. If they are included then I would include the entire Merseyrail Northern Line from Hunts Cross to Blundellsands and Crosby when heading in to Liverpool.
The yellow seating/paneling is getting removed from Queen Street LL & is getting replaced by this:
Avonmouth to Severn Beach
I don't know what the fuss is about - I love industrial landscapes, and only wish the factories and steelworks were still there and working hard like they used to be in the 1960s.
Far more depressing to me is travelling around the rail network and seeing decaying sidings and vast yards overgrown and derelict and devoid of traffic. .
Well which bit? Sea Mills is nice.
I vote Wolverhampton, especially from the Birmingham direction. Stuck there yesterday, endless unloved waste land, little industrial units, dank looking canals and very little sign of life. Must be awful working there.
Sea Mills isn't between Avonmouth and Severn Beach.
Warrington BQ is grim, with Crosfield's soap works (Unilever) dominating the view to the west, and terraced housing/run-down hotel/freight yards to the east.
A great pity the LNWR rebuilt the station south of the Liverpool Road bridge to form a high level/low level interchange in 1868 - pointless now.
Originally Posted by LNW-GW Joint
Warrington BQ is grim, with Crosfield's soap works (Unilever) dominating the view to the west, and terraced housing/run-down hotel/freight yards to the east.
A great pity the LNWR rebuilt the station south of the Liverpool Road bridge to form a high level/low level interchange in 1868 - pointless now.
I had a look at the low level line petering out beyond Wilderspool Causeway (with Street View). The rails were shiny so what function do these long sidings perform now? I also noticed, following the line west, that Widnes appears not have a station. Is that right?