• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Liveries Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
Also, there' a 317 at Ilford being repainted into the new style livery with a black band around the windows, not sure what number
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
There hasn't been no updates here, so has this dicusssion ended? :)

If the discussion is continuing, I may as well mention that 379013 is on the Harwich branch this week for tests of its new lithium battery. Hasn't seem to prove too reliable?

In addition to this, 5919 & 5971 are two additional MK2 coaches on loan from DirectRailServices, bringing the number to 7 that are on hire to AbellioGreaterAnglia (5919, 5921, 5971 5995, 6001, 6008 & 9525). All but 5921 are in DRS livery (5921 is Anglia Railways livery).

As you may know, also on loan is the Pretendolino: 82126, 11048, 11018, 11007, 10212, 12138, 12122, 12133, 12078, 12011. All carriages in Virgin Livery.

Also since the last post on here, 153314 returned in AbellioGreaterAnglia Livery. All 153/156s are therefore in this white Livery with red doors.

Thanks for this, it's a shame that the Mark 2s don't see more use.

314 is different to the other scuds though. For reasons known to no-one they have painted every surface they can find brilliant white and fitted ultra-bright LEDs so its almost uncomfortably bright in there. Also a thick random bit of perspex on the luggage rack a a new blue toilet seat!

Oh dear, sounds like 153314 got all the leftover bits from the 156 refurb :P
Do they actually need / use that many mk2's?

Looking forward to (hopefully) finally seeing the 170's get some love this year.

Indeed so, no more will 170270 be the shame of the fleet ;)

Also, there' a 317 at Ilford being repainted into the new style livery with a black band around the windows, not sure what number

Do you know what subtype? I assume it is a /6, they are supposed to be getting the same style seat covers as the 379s as well.

A 317/7 perhaps?

Unlikely, all except the demonstrator are going to London Overground in May.

Adam :D
 

anglia.rail

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2013
Messages
121
Do they actually need / use that many mk2's?

Well 3 are obviously used in service at any one point on the Short Set Itself, plus an additional few as spares if faults develop/etc... I think it's great we've got so many, But hope they see more use!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for this, it's a shame that the Mark 2s don't see more use.

Unlikely, all except the demonstrator are going to London Overground in May.

Adam :D

You're welcome, Just thought I'd try and kick off the thread again it's really useful.

I'd assume the 317/7s aren't the one 317s going to LO & joining 315s? Will they have enough for Hertford/Chingford/Enfield Town Operations?
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
Well 3 are obviously used in service at any one point on the Short Set Itself, plus an additional few as spares if faults develop/etc... I think it's great we've got so many, But hope they see more use!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


You're welcome, Just thought I'd try and kick off the thread again it's really useful.

I'd assume the 317/7s aren't the one 317s going to LO & joining 315s? Will they have enough for Hertford/Chingford/Enfield Town Operations?

As far as I know, Crossrail is getting 44 Class 315s, and LOROL is getting 17 Class 315s, 15 Class 317/5s (all of them) and 8 Class 317/7s (all except demonstrator 317722, which will stay with AGA). The 317 being repainted is almost certainly a /6 as AGA made an announcement that they were going to bring the 317/6s up to the spec of the handful that NXEA refurbished and repaint them into the new "standard" colours.

Adam :D
 

anglia.rail

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2013
Messages
121
As far as I know, Crossrail is getting 44 Class 315s, and LOROL is getting 17 Class 315s, 15 Class 317/5s (all of them) and 8 Class 317/7s (all except demonstrator 317722, which will stay with AGA). .
Adam :D

Brilliant, thanks for the information mate :)
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Thanks doesn't it look colourful when you have a class 321 in silver plain white with blue doors and plain white with red doors together?
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Thanks doesn't it look colourful when you have a class 321 in silver plain white with blue doors and plain white with red doors together?

I know what you mean here, but 'colourful' for me would be almost any other livery the 321s have carried - FCC, London Midland, Silverlink, First Great Eastern or even Network Southeast compared to the GA plain white. I try to forget about the 'one' livery 321446 carried - it almost worked on the 315s, but on the 321s it looked horrendous, and I'm kind of glad they never carried on with it on the others!
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
photolist-qeiQz8-bLAGqx-mwqHYV-9kgvWx-9kgw8R-kWZv7x-p37cct-aEyMdv-nFF7dj-nY4C8W-9jJC1S-nY4C4C-nFF7ns-nY4BCs-9jFHdg-nXShDK-9pE3RA-aoZWjW-eKEjxF-9385St-9C1S4u-gfgDGK-aECxWS-aEyJvr-aNhZUc-aQXg8r-aK63Qc-aEyKuM-aAnhF5-9kjyzd-aK66Ak-aECzzE-8SRBVM-8SUGPu-8SUGW9-gW5nzK-i4uqb1-d4rgs3-btaMny-cpJCaf-btaMuj-dJxCb9-8SRBQa-9DuMpV-bn8bbU-bU1MkT-njoheU-dnL63k-nYy5jQ-nUCNGp-jxTtmX
I know what you mean here, but 'colourful' for me would be almost any other livery the 321s have carried - FCC, London Midland, Silverlink, First Great Eastern or even Network Southeast compared to the GA plain white. I try to forget about the 'one' livery 321446 carried - it almost worked on the 315s, but on the 321s it looked horrendous, and I'm kind of glad they never carried on with it on the others!

That version was different to th later versions in that it was more of a metallic grey vinyl not blue also the bottom stripe of blue looked far too faint compared to the colours of the other stripes .... The 315s and mk3 coaches had a deeper shade on the bottom stripe whereas the 156s 170s 153s and 317s didn't .... I think the stripes looked better on units with curved ends but wasn't at all flattering on the likes of the 156... Looked ghastly





https://www.flickr.com/photos/sinkplunger/3971727055/
 
Last edited:

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
Right, I got a better look passing Ilford yard today, and its either a /5 or a /8 thats been repainted into the new AGA livery. They hadn't painted the number on the front yet so I couldn't get a proper look. Any ideas which unit this could be?
 

anglia.rail

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2013
Messages
121
Right, I got a better look passing Ilford yard today, and its either a /5 or a /8 thats been repainted into the new AGA livery. Any ideas which unit this could be?

317655 & 317658 are both in complete AbellioGreaterAnglia livery, including with grey skirt (they were repainted for the Summer Cambridge - Stansted service)

317881/8/9/90/91/92 - Believed to be NXEA Livery
317882/3/4/5/6 are all in Interim livery (White, red doors)
317501/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - NXEA livery
317511- White livery, with red doors
317512- White livery, with red doors.
317510/3/4/5 - NXEA livery

Hope this helps :)

Source - My own blog (http://eastangliarailscene.blogspot.co.uk/p/december-2014-recent-additions.html)
 

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
506 I believe to be the unit at Ilford, which is freshly wearing the new livery as worn by the two /6s done for the cam-stan last year. I'm guessing its literally just been done, as its still in the Bombardier B shop with bits hanging off it

Also, just had a look on your blog, pretty comprehensive list! I did notice that you say however that H'ford East will be going to LOROL, when actually its staying part of AGA. =)
 
Last edited:
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
506 I believe to be the unit at Ilford, which is freshly wearing the new livery as worn by the two /6s done for the cam-stan last year. I'm guessing its literally just been done, as its still in the Bombardier B shop with bits hanging off it

Also, just had a look on your blog, pretty comprehensive list! I did notice that you say however that H'ford East will be going to LOROL, when actually its staying part of AGA. =)

317501 is due to be stopped tomorrow evening and into to the shops for repaint. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. 317506 is the unit you've seen.
 

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
Its a bit odd they are repainting all the /5's if they are all going to LOROL in a few months....
 

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
I guess that makes sense, what about poor old GA's units, TFL seem to be winning big time out of this break up!
 

306024

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2013
Messages
3,974
Location
East Anglia
It may be better to wait for all the details of the TfL split to be announced, there is a quite a bit of 2+2=5 going on here regarding which 317s are going where. ;)
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
It may be better to wait for all the details of the TfL split to be announced, there is a quite a bit of 2+2=5 going on here regarding which 317s are going where. ;)

I don't think it's officially been announced who's having what. There's plenty of rumours flying around and the same rumours keep appearing. But as far as I'm aware, that's all they are, rumours.

But what is fact, the 317/6's are staying with GA and are being internally refreshed.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
317655 & 317658 are both in complete AbellioGreaterAnglia livery, including with grey skirt (they were repainted for the Summer Cambridge - Stansted service)

317881/8/9/90/91/92 - Believed to be NXEA Livery
317882/3/4/5/6 are all in Interim livery (White, red doors)
317501/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - NXEA livery
317511- White livery, with red doors
317512- White livery, with red doors.
317510/3/4/5 - NXEA livery

Hope this helps :)

Source - My own blog (http://eastangliarailscene.blogspot.co.uk/p/december-2014-recent-additions.html)

Surely the 317/8s in interim livery have blue doors, not red doors :)


It may be better to wait for all the details of the TfL split to be announced, there is a quite a bit of 2+2=5 going on here regarding which 317s are going where. ;)

This was my fault I'm afraid. AGA will likely be keeping SOME 317/5s. I added up my numbers wrong. The only units I have heard that are (relatively) confirmed as going to LOROL are the 8 "normal" 317/7s.

Adam :D
 

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
Ahhh I see, serves me right for getting swept up in rumours! I guess we won't actually know for certain until the day LOROL take over ^_^
 

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
I've just seen an artists impression of the 317/6 interior refresh, looks nice, new flooring, repainted interior, new seat covers (leather for 1st class). Apparently starting one unit per week at Clacton, starting April.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
"Initially, 17 class 315 trains and 13 class 317 trains will be deep cleaned and rebranded, but in the future, new trains will be introduced to this route"

from an official source.

And also

"TfL is in the process of procuring rolling stock for West Anglia Inner Routes and these are expected to be similar in design to the existing class 378s. They are likely to be in service early 2019. We will be able to provide further details in the future"
 
Last edited:

Alfie1014

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2012
Messages
1,205
Location
Essex
Any news on the 321 refresh? Wasn't 448 (the demonstrator) due to go off for re-tractioning by now?
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
506 on the Rom-Upm today in its new full shiny livery!

Any internal work done? I must say from pictures the flooring looks very colourful on these units

Presumably those being refurbished will remain with greater anglia
 

badassunicorn

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
436
Any internal work done? I must say from pictures the flooring looks very colourful on these units

Presumably those being refurbished will remain with greater anglia

Didn't look inside, SPADTrap spotted it and told me I just beat him to it posting it here =P
One would like to hope that the refurb ones stay with GA, but knowing GA's luck, all the nice ones will go to TFL and we'll be left with the sh*tty ones!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top