• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Liveries Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
Well this is interesting....

Elsewhere on this forum it was noted a new Greater Anglia TV advert had 90s and Mk3s idents in a new livery. But the 'trains' were T&T'd by 90s so there was no hint at what the DVT might look like.

But now that has changed.

I've just got home (from work ironically!) and a pile of GA vouches lay on my doormat and at the bottom was this...



Now the scan hasn't come out great but its all white with a black bodyside line at the same height as the carriage with dark blue crew doors. Best description in my opinion, striking.

Thanks for uploading, livery looks very good IMO. Edit function has returned, and so list is now fully updated.

Adam :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oliMw

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Messages
196
This livery is also on an advert on this forum (sorry about the poor quality)
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 55

oliMw

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Messages
196
there was a 170 forming the 15:45 service from Norwich to Sheringham, I didnt get the number as I was speaking to some friends and didn't notice until it was to late, but it was either 170272/ 3, I would have thought that 170s would have been less likely on unusual routes given that 170271 has gone of from Crown point yesterday (http://railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86795)
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
170s are heading up to Sheringham quite a bit more now. A 3 car is still a rarity, mainly because of the operational considerations of taking them up there but the 2 cars are becoming more common.
 

oliMw

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Messages
196
Class 47 + Mk3 forming the 14:58 Norwich to Lowestoft service today, is this due to the recent collision making one class 156 out of service
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
Class 47 + Mk3 forming the 14:58 Norwich to Lowestoft service today, is this due to the recent collision making one class 156 out of service

No, I think that's part of its normal diagram at the moment. It would be running regardless of the collision.
 

Sleepy

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2009
Messages
1,833
Location
East Anglia
Bad day for GA on both loco hauled and DMU stock, 2 Norwich - LST trains terminated due to 90 issues, short hauled set failed at Great Yarmouth as both 47 decided to have a rest causing Norwich - CBG cancellations as unit nicked for Yarrmouth workings !
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
:( and now a 153 on Norwich - Cambridge ! nice
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,878
Location
East Anglia
Bad day for GA on both loco hauled and DMU stock, 2 Norwich - LST trains terminated due to 90 issues, short hauled set failed at Great Yarmouth as both 47 decided to have a rest causing Norwich - CBG cancellations as unit nicked for Yarrmouth workings !
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
:( and now a 153 on Norwich - Cambridge ! nice

& the through London workings to/from Yarmouth where pre-cancelled the night before to provide locos for the short lived short set. The 19.40 Cambridge was also caped.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
I take it this is because 156402 is out of service currently. Things really aren't going well.

Adam :D
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
I take it this is because 156402 is out of service currently. Things really aren't going well.

Adam :D

And all the others. 156418 is currently being re-furbed and 170271 is currently in repair after the incident at Darsham, plus a few others.
 
Last edited:

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
So 156402, 156418, 170208 and 170271 are all out of use. Damn, they need worryingly close to 100% fleet utilisation to maintain a coherent service now. Any idea what 170208's new livery will look like? Nice to see special liveries, even if it keeps the ONE colours as a base.

Adam :D
 

306024

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2013
Messages
3,974
Location
East Anglia
As the Monday to Friday requirement is 23 diagrams from 26 units, with 4 units stopped 105% availability is needed :(

Oh no it isn't, it's 22 from 26 so yes 100% availability
 
Last edited:

tom1681

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2011
Messages
91
Location
Norwich
. Any idea what 170208's new livery will look like? Nice to see special liveries, even if it keeps the ONE colours as a base.

It's all over so you can't see any of the ONE colours. Having said that I'm not sure the blue round the edge of the yellow ends will be covered. I would think it'll be finished this week.
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
It's all over so you can't see any of the ONE colours. Having said that I'm not sure the blue round the edge of the yellow ends will be covered. I would think it'll be finished this week.

I spotted it trundle out of CP last night and all the one colours are gone bar the cab sides. The doors are dark blue (like the dark blue of the NX-liveried units in London) and the vinyl is a peachy (?) off white with lots of lovely pictures of tree and butterflies and happy people!

I assume it was finished and I've got a booked 3 car 170 job this morning so here's hoping! :)
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,575
I saw you walking down five after working your 3 car this morning, as you know.

On my return to Norwich this evening, '208 was about to work the 1750 to Lowestoft at Norwich so I took a few snaps.

The crew seemed to be surprised, both the driver and the conductor were spotted taking a step back in admiration :?:, probably not.

Hate to think how much the firm has paid to have this all over wrap done!!

See attached:
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0524.jpg
    DSC_0524.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0525.jpg
    DSC_0525.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0526.jpg
    DSC_0526.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0527.jpg
    DSC_0527.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

oliMw

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Messages
196
I think it looks good, except for the way the greater anglia logo has been shown, the colours seem to contrast for some reason
 
Last edited:

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
I saw you walking down five after working your 3 car this morning, as you know.

On my return to Norwich this evening, '208 was about to work the 1750 to Lowestoft at Norwich so I took a few snaps.

The crew seemed to be surprised, both the driver and the conductor were spotted taking a step back in admiration :?:, probably not.

Hate to think how much the firm has paid to have this all over wrap done!!

See attached:

The fact that you have taken these pictures means 170208 is back in service so the DMU shortage should now be less bad (hopefully) :)

I am undecided about the new livery, but it looks quite smart from those photos. I do agree that it will have been monstrously expensive though. Typical that they put it in Brecks advertising livery and it is promptly put on Lowestoft runs :P I hope you don't mind but I have put one of those pictures on the front page of the thread. If you would like me to remove it, just ask and I will happily oblige :)

Adam :D
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,575
The fact that you have taken these pictures means 170208 is back in service so the DMU shortage should now be less bad (hopefully) :)

I am undecided about the new livery, but it looks quite smart from those photos. I do agree that it will have been monstrously expensive though. Typical that they put it in Brecks advertising livery and it is promptly put on Lowestoft runs :P I hope you don't mind but I have put one of those pictures on the front page of the thread. If you would like me to remove it, just ask and I will happily oblige :)

Adam :D

Yes, back out in service. No problem with that, however you may wish to resize it to ensure compliance with forum rules on accessibility.

TP
 

oliMw

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Messages
196
On second thoughts I don't like the blue cab area, it doesn't work very well with the rest of the train
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top