• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Liveries Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,879
Location
East Anglia
Ooh how come, what made it better than a Super Sprinter? :)

For the guards it all them door panels & all that room with doors at 1/3 & 2/3 along the saloon for easy loading. For me it is our personal access with a crew door & reminissing about the days driving 213/217/227/229/231/235/237/245/255/257. How sad they stay in my head.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,575
Had '412 on the 0715 Norwich - Sheringham yesterday morning, I don't know how long it's been back.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
Had '412 on the 0715 Norwich - Sheringham yesterday morning, I don't know how long it's been back.

Been back since the end of April :)

For the guards it all them door panels & all that room with doors at 1/3 & 2/3 along the saloon for easy loading. For me it is our personal access with a crew door & reminissing about the days driving 213/217/227/229/231/235/237/245/255/257. How sad they stay in my head.

Damn you have a good memory :P What was staff opinion when ONE replaced the 150s with 156s? (Sorry, I meant to reply earlier but I forgot :P )

Adam :D
 
Last edited:

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,879
Location
East Anglia
Damn you have a good memory :P What was staff opinion when ONE replaced the 150s with 156s? (Sorry, I meant to reply earlier but I forgot :P )

Adam :D

I dont seem to recall to much critisism as 156s where deemed to be a better unit until you take into account the lack of a crew door & the extended station dwell times on busy services (the very reason i believe the 150s where wanted across the West Midlands). GA have done a good job with the refurb though. The units seem so much less cramped in the 52 car especially.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
I dont seem to recall to much critisism as 156s where deemed to be a better unit until you take into account the lack of a crew door & the extended station dwell times on busy services (the very reason i believe the 150s where wanted across the West Midlands). GA have done a good job with the refurb though. The units seem so much less cramped in the 52 car especially.

They have done haven't they, I think painting the luggage racks white has made the interior seem so much more light and airy.

Adam :D
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
170 203 broke down yesterday resulting in a six car 170 formation to Norwich.
 

SansPareil

Member
Joined
29 May 2013
Messages
124
There was an east Midlands 158 on the Bittern Line on Monday the 3rd June, working what I think was the 2115 service from Norwich. Some earlier posts on this thread seem to indicate this is fairly unusual?

Also is there any chance of the Top and Tail 47's returning anytime soon?
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
There was an east Midlands 158 on the Bittern Line on Monday the 3rd June, working what I think was the 2115 service from Norwich. Some earlier posts on this thread seem to indicate this is fairly unusual?

Also is there any chance of the Top and Tail 47's returning anytime soon?

158s to Sheringham is a pretty rare occurrence.

As for the T&T 47s they are not running at the moment but I think they can come back at a bit of notice. And there are currently the Saturday only Yarmouth drags.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
did someone mention somewhere a 317 in a brand new abellio scheme any pics?
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
did someone mention somewhere a 317 in a brand new abellio scheme any pics?

The demonstrator unit 317722 is in a new Abellio colour scheme, but there are no pics as it is yet to venture forth from Ilford.

Adam :D
 

klewer

Member
Joined
21 May 2009
Messages
122
The demonstrator unit 317722 is in a new Abellio colour scheme, but there are no pics as it is yet to venture forth from Ilford.

Adam :D

Abellio Scheme? Interesting they used that as opposed to a generic ROSCO livery seeing as they're off lease.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
Abellio Scheme? Interesting they used that as opposed to a generic ROSCO livery seeing as they're off lease.

It struck me as odd as well. At least it means that GA (and afterwards maybe Northern) will be operating it, and it won't just sit at Ilford when it is finished.

Adam :D
 

43074

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2012
Messages
2,253
The once widespread Central Trains livery is no more. 156418 moved from Norwich Crown Point to Wolverton for a repaint and it's DDA mods as 5Z56 earlier today

I rather liked that livery. :(
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
The once widespread Central Trains livery is no more. 156418 moved from Norwich Crown Point to Wolverton for a repaint and it's DDA mods as 5Z56 earlier today

I rather liked that livery. :(

Toodles, saw that heading back into Norwich last night. :lol:

Obviously goes without saying that 418 has gone because 419 is back in white and red.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
Was out and about around Ipswich and Norwich on an Anglia Plus day ranger on Friday. Here are my findings :P

DMUs
156419 is back at Crown Point, I saw it just having had it's vinyl applied in the shed. 156418 was on the Sheringham line, and I got it for one last trip before it went off to Wolverton. The fleet shortage is still not good, 153s, 156s and 170s were all working each other's diagrams with no real adherence to booked stock on the Bittern, Wherry & East Suffolk lines. GA are fitting new carpets to the 170s, which are the same style as the old Anglia ones, green with red flecks, but the new carpets really make the train interiors look a lot better. The new toilets in the rebuilt 156s don't seem very well designed, as they are very hard to sit on without putting a leg in the sink :P 156416 is in a bit of a state externally, with the paint over the rainbow stripes having mostly come off, so it is almost back in full ONE rainbow colours. Also, it has gained 2 "East Suffolk Line" tables from 156422, which occupy the two spaces nearest the bathroom, presumably replacing damage tables. I will update the list when I can, but I am currently unable to edit it as the edit button has disappeared for some reason. I have messaged yorkie about it :P

EMUs
Rumours to make sure the 1702 LST-NRW and 1930 NRW-LST are operated by the 17 refurbished 321/4s are yet to come to fruition, as this working was handled by 3 green seated 321/3s on this occasion. The exterior cleaning of the 360s has been stepped up recently, with the white stripes looking as clean as they were when they were first applied by NXEA on many units.

LHCS
12139 (The only coach in polar bear colours) still retains it's old (presumably) VT interior due to it's stay in Long Marston meaning that NXEA never did it up. The seat covers look even more like those of a stagecoach bus than the newer ones do, while the carpets on the luggage racks and walls are green instead of blue and brown, and the carpet in the aisle looks like the old Air 2000 colour scheme. I left this coach after looking round it as a couple seemed to be having romantic relations at the far end of it :P GA are really stepping up the interior cleaning of the IC trains; cleaners outnumbered passengers on the 2200 NRW-LST service. There was also a large police presence on the train, as there had apparently been trouble on the service on previous days. It was good to see all the staff, and they seem happier under GA than they did under NXEA, but when I got off the train at Ipswich a flea bit my ankle, so maybe 12139 could do with more cleaning :P I was told by a member of staff it will recieve the NXEA interior when it is sent off to Wabtec to be repainted.

Adam :D
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
The once widespread Central Trains livery is no more. 156418 moved from Norwich Crown Point to Wolverton for a repaint and it's DDA mods as 5Z56 earlier today

I rather liked that livery. :(


Awful liver won't miss it

Indeed Silverlink, Central Trains, One Railway and C2C oh and Wessex Trains were ghastly ScotRail wasn't much better the only one I liked was Midland Mainline
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
NX Group certainly were colourful with their non-NX branded liveries
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Was out and about around Ipswich and Norwich on an Anglia Plus day ranger on Friday. Here are my findings :P

DMUs
156419 is back at Crown Point, I saw it just having had it's vinyl applied in the shed. 156418 was on the Sheringham line, and I got it for one last trip before it went off to Wolverton. The fleet shortage is still not good, 153s, 156s and 170s were all working each other's diagrams with no real adherence to booked stock on the Bittern, Wherry & East Suffolk lines. GA are fitting new carpets to the 170s, which are the same style as the old Anglia ones, green with red flecks, but the new carpets really make the train interiors look a lot better. The new toilets in the rebuilt 156s don't seem very well designed, as they are very hard to sit on without putting a leg in the sink :P 156416 is in a bit of a state externally, with the paint over the rainbow stripes having mostly come off, so it is almost back in full ONE rainbow colours. Also, it has gained 2 "East Suffolk Line" tables from 156422, which occupy the two spaces nearest the bathroom, presumably replacing damage tables. I will update the list when I can, but I am currently unable to edit it as the edit button has disappeared for some reason. I have messaged yorkie about it :P

EMUs
Rumours to make sure the 1702 LST-NRW and 1930 NRW-LST are operated by the 17 refurbished 321/4s are yet to come to fruition, as this working was handled by 3 green seated 321/3s on this occasion. The exterior cleaning of the 360s has been stepped up recently, with the white stripes looking as clean as they were when they were first applied by NXEA on many units.

LHCS
12139 (The only coach in polar bear colours) still retains it's old (presumably) VT interior due to it's stay in Long Marston meaning that NXEA never did it up. The seat covers look even more like those of a stagecoach bus than the newer ones do, while the carpets on the luggage racks and walls are green instead of blue and brown, and the carpet in the aisle looks like the old Air 2000 colour scheme. I left this coach after looking round it as a couple seemed to be having romantic relations at the far end of it :P GA are really stepping up the interior cleaning of the IC trains; cleaners outnumbered passengers on the 2200 NRW-LST service. There was also a large police presence on the train, as there had apparently been trouble on the service on previous days. It was good to see all the staff, and they seem happier under GA than they did under NXEA, but when I got off the train at Ipswich a flea bit my ankle, so maybe 12139 could do with more cleaning :P I was told by a member of staff it will recieve the NXEA interior when it is sent off to Wabtec to be repainted.

Adam :D

I was also on a Day ranger that Day and travelled on the 321's from Ipswich to Norwich and back before getting 418 back to Lowestoft, will do a trip report soon. Noticed the 17:17 service from Ipswich to Lowestoft was FAS with people packed in like sardines.
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
Well this is interesting....

Elsewhere on this forum it was noted a new Greater Anglia TV advert had 90s and Mk3s idents in a new livery. But the 'trains' were T&T'd by 90s so there was no hint at what the DVT might look like.

But now that has changed.

I've just got home (from work ironically!) and a pile of GA vouches lay on my doormat and at the bottom was this...



Now the scan hasn't come out great but its all white with a black bodyside line at the same height as the carriage with dark blue crew doors. Best description in my opinion, striking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top