• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Good and Bad Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
With all due respect, I don't know what will happen with my email address. And I'm sure plenty of other people will wonder the same. Data protection and all that.

You really would be better off just publishing the info for all. I fail to see any logical reason not to.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chubs

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2012
Messages
694
Why arent they public? What do you gain from keeping them private, if your aim is to improve rail services in the area for all? Considering you are using your business email address and not a dedicated one for the cause it is even weirder.

I want rail services to improve, but don't want to give my email address to someone using childish logos and satire. I think that will alienate a lot of potentially helpful parties, when a better organised more transparent campaign would attract more interest as it rolls on.
 

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Firstly I was disgusted to see childish images and was part of our group who got them removed.

Secondly I have made public my email if you do not want to give me yours, fine.

I teach Masters courses for Plymouth University and professional courses for Aviva, Ford, Ashurst and my others. I gave the talk on EU Procurement law to the Kent CIPS branch on Tues night. I have just finished a law session with Kent Fire and Rescue.

If you think I peddle email addresses, I will leave that with you.

I and my colleagues want to improve Anglia railways from the woeful state they are in now.

We have engaged with NR and MPs along with Lab and Green canfldidates.

This is why I was angry with original website design, this is why it was changed.

Join in. Communicate. Or stay outside and accept mediocrity.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
It's your loss. I am sure there are many people that would help your cause but will just ignore you now.

You might regret becoming isolated, but good luck and do prove me wrong.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
What would stop someone requesting the minutes from you and then posting them here or otherwise distributing them?

TP
 

Z12XE

Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
876
Firstly I was disgusted to see childish images and was part of our group who got them removed.

There still appears to be an error in the logo.
East Anglia passengers voice (Or whatever it's called) has a number of typos and seems to spell something to do with Abellio.

Also it appears to be trying to pass off as being associated with Abello GA and copies their corporate style.

Maybe once this is corrected it can be free from the association with the Twitter trolling.
 

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Valid points we will look into.

Not aware of any Twitter trolling unless factual photographic evidence is trolling.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Cheers Jon.

We will agenda minutes release at the Feb meeting.
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
Not aware of any Twitter trolling unless factual photographic evidence is trolling.

Dirty carpets in the depths of winter on commuter units when platforms are salted and its raining. Its not really valid. AGA could deep clean every 360 carpet every night at the moment and by the end of the first trip they would be "filthy". There is a reason most commuter units have plastic floors.

Taking pictures of work worn units that are mostly touching 15 years old is not useful. Go for the important things, try and get the DfT to put a new units clause in the next franchise. Push NR on infrastructure issues. Try to get Peterborough - Ipswich electrified and doubled quicker, that'll take a ton of pressure off the southern GEML. Demand to know why the DfT keep putting back awarding a proper Greater Anglia franchise. Understand that a TOC, especially one like AGA, a short term mini franchise, really cannot change all that much. Its the DfT and NR you need to be aiming for.
 

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Thats what we are about plus photo evidence.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
We speak regularly with Richard Schofield from NR.
 

chubs

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2012
Messages
694
The current logo and website are still childish, and nobody (including GA and many customers of it) will ever take you seriously with it.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Nothing other than ethical behaviour your moderator here demands.

I can't see how something you're willing to email out freely could be deleted as 'unethical' if your recipient shared it here.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Dirty carpets in the depths of winter on commuter units when platforms are salted and its raining. Its not really valid. AGA could deep clean every 360 carpet every night at the moment and by the end of the first trip they would be "filthy". There is a reason most commuter units have plastic floors.

And they do, train presentation were hoovering the floors of 317s today during turnarounds at Liv St but as you say it doesn't last :( blaming the TOCs for that is just as invalid as me blaming the passengers for it coming off their shoes into the coach, as TheEdge says its just a fact of winter.
 
Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
Thats what we are about plus photo evidence..

I'd be interested to hear your comments on these photos then. I'll post more later, with more details.

e7a3554a456797f18dd915e6544801c0.jpg


231f5b79c3e6071642ea11c299c5a8da.jpg


0c509b7470e1e9dad7fd895748213b30.jpg


What if I tweeted these to AGA and others?
 

ADRboy

Member
Joined
13 Jul 2008
Messages
160
Surely a big win would be getting a SQUIRE type regime in that Transport Scotland use on ScotRail?
 

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Agree Chubs. They will be changed.

This is a serious business and impact and image are all. Ask Lord Fink!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Look forward to it.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Agree Chubs. They will be changed

I think its a shame that you've taken the helpful and correct advice from numerous contributors regarding the childish website design yet you still refuse to share anything here in return, they clearly care but you continue to isolate them, without their input you'd be walking into nothing but a door closing in your face IMO.

You mention that it isn't your policy which I respect but it is disappointing nonetheless.
 
Last edited:

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Then SPADtrap we beg to differ.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I am abivalent about minute issue. Discuss at next meeting.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In fairness SPAD I flagged up the childish design from day 1 here.

Nothing will change unless everything is correct.

We all have full time jobs other than this, but, no excuses, its got to be right.
 

Dave1987

On Moderation
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
4,563
Just read some of the blog posts on the website for the group. After reading comments like "even the Abellio Gestapo were not in sight", when referring to RPI's presumably I really do not see how on earth your group can be taken even remotely seriously. I am going to email all the MP's you have mentioned to ask if they have actually read the comments on your website.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
We see loads of photos like the ones I posted, but what I didn't mention is that as I took the photos on the 317 demonstrator, two members of the train presentation team came on (at Stratford) and came through the train cleaning it - and spraying the seat edges and wiping them down too.

Of course the floor wasn't cleaned, as that was grit brought on from the platforms all treated, but the train left in otherwise spotless condition.

But if I'd Tweeted the photos above as so many anti-AGA people seem to do every week, it would be totally unfair and unrepresentative of reality.
 

43074

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2012
Messages
2,253
To a casual outsider there seems to be more at fault with the complaints organisation than there is with GA themselves:
  • Sort out the title, remove any association with AGA whatsoever - if you called it the East Anglia Passenger Campaign or the Anglian Rail Improvements Campaign group or something similar you might have more credibility, not only with GA but your other partners - DfT, MPs etc. etc.
  • On GA complaints there is a glaring spelling error on all pages - the ''latest twitter photos'' section is incorrectly labelled as the ''lastest photos'' section. Ditto ''Service Disruptions'' - perhaps ''Service Disruption'' would be better?
  • Some of the posts on the site are pure drivel - notably your ''A so called branch line'' piece, also ''Abject Failure and Accountability'' - in fact most of your posts by ''Jedi'' are not worth reading as they are more full of s#!t than some of GA's 315s.
  • The ''Live Information for all Journeys'' in the left hand bar hasn't been updated since the 2nd December 2015 - not very live really, in fact rather ahead of itself!
  • Phrases such as ''sitting on the floor often leaves us wondering if perhaps we have left the developed world behind?'' don't present a positive impression of the organisation either.
These are all small things which don't take long to alter, but would make a much better impression of the campaign group which does raise some valid issues.

When I have used GA (on the rural routes) when I am in the area I have generally found them to be very good. When there is service disruption (or service disruptions as you call it) it is generally out of their control anyway. Yes the InterCity services need improving, but these improvements are happening and GA's issues are largely at the fault of the DfT anyway.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
I used AGA again today, checking out the 317 demonstrator and hoping to see the 321 demonstrator before my plans changed. I got to speak to one of the train presentation team, a lady who was very clued up and spent a good 10 minutes talking to me about the demonstrator and the feedback she'd got (so I assume she's been asking others this week as it goes in/out of Stratford) - as well as how much nicer it is to keep clean, as well as the improvements in the vestibule that means less crowding problems in the peak.

I bet a lot of people wouldn't think of someone cleaning trains as being someone to talk to about rolling stock. I'd have Tweeted AGA to say how great she was, but feared she would get into trouble for not doing her job of cleaning!

What I see every week is a lot of problems, like passengers making a mess of the trains, people upgrading themselves to first class, beggars going through trying to sell tissues and so on - but rarely any problems with the trains themselves or the staff. At Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale and Cheshunt, I find staff very good.

Today at Broxbourne I did have a gateline staff member that seemed to forget how to speak when manually checking my ticket (rejected for what I assume was being a railcard discounted ticket) but that is a minor moan. Yes, he could have said something and smiled, but it's hardly the end of the world. He did acknowledge me when I came back a short time later.

The platform displays at Cheshunt still don't work properly, and of course the 379s still have most buttons broken, but I can't see why AGA gets so much hatred. I guess it's more for the Great Eastern lines, but perhaps that just highlights why an 'anti' AGA site needs to be far more balanced and appreciate that not everything is bad by any stretch of the imagination.
 

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Thanks Dave. You mean RPOs.

Never mind.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
With you Jon.

I try not to be "anti" but these guys bring it on themselves.

Had a long chat with a Southeastern conductor today after he threw off 3 lads for fare evasion at Harrietsham.

They have my sympathies as they do an impossible job.

The operational staff at GA are first class in the main.

Alan Neville the WA Manager is superb as are all the staff at Harlow Town.

It is the attitude of Burles and Denby which lets them down and the culture of fear they portray.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Agree Jon.

Operational staff are first class let down by pygamy management at senior level.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for the helpful criticism Dave.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
43074

We have met MPs. Sec of state for transport. MPs. C4 etc.

We will not please everyone not even me at times.

We are attempting to change things for the better. I accept the website has issues which we are addressing.
 

EssexCommuter

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2014
Messages
54
Everyone, let's stop with the petty arguments.

Surely the aim should be to get the best for Anglia? Isn't that what it's all about?

I was at the first meeting and do not agree with minutes being released:
1) it was the first meeting, group needs to find their way
2) you have to be respectful of the privacy of individuals.
Both these points can be considered at the next meeting.

Please remember that those running the website have families and friends to consider. If you see errors, why not email and politely request they correct them?

Do you publicly blast the appalling grammar of some of the AGA tweeters? I suspect not.

When I find a reason to praise, I do. Recently I was delayed for 57 minutes and 2 employees were unbelievably rude. I emailed Jamie Burles about the one person who was helpful and his response seemed almost proud that 1 in 3 employees were helpful. Appalling.

All we want in investment for our region.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I used AGA again today, checking out the 317 demonstrator and hoping to see the 321 demonstrator before my plans changed. I got to speak to one of the train presentation team, a lady who was very clued up and spent a good 10 minutes talking to me about the demonstrator and the feedback she'd got (so I assume she's been asking others this week as it goes in/out of Stratford) - as well as how much nicer it is to keep clean, as well as the improvements in the vestibule that means less crowding problems in the peak.

I bet a lot of people wouldn't think of someone cleaning trains as being someone to talk to about rolling stock. I'd have Tweeted AGA to say how great she was, but feared she would get into trouble for not doing her job of cleaning!

What I see every week is a lot of problems, like passengers making a mess of the trains, people upgrading themselves to first class, beggars going through trying to sell tissues and so on - but rarely any problems with the trains themselves or the staff. At Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale and Cheshunt, I find staff very good.

Today at Broxbourne I did have a gateline staff member that seemed to forget how to speak when manually checking my ticket (rejected for what I assume was being a railcard discounted ticket) but that is a minor moan. Yes, he could have said something and smiled, but it's hardly the end of the world. He did acknowledge me when I came back a short time later.

The platform displays at Cheshunt still don't work properly, and of course the 379s still have most buttons broken, but I can't see why AGA gets so much hatred. I guess it's more for the Great Eastern lines, but perhaps that just highlights why an 'anti' AGA site needs to be far more balanced and appreciate that not everything is bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Please, commute on the GEML before you try to support them. It needs to be balanced in favour of the PPM. GEML is the main line, so whilst I'm delighted WEML got 93.21% last month, mainline got 86.52%. A high in some time, granted, but appalling nonetheless. Imagine if they had to give peak time figures.
 

Wayneh

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2014
Messages
96
Well said EC.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well said EC.

I am indifferent on minutes being released. But ECs view prevailed.

This is a democratic group.
 

Dave1987

On Moderation
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
4,563
Thanks Dave. You mean RPOs.

Never mind.

No I mean RPI's (Revenue protection inspectors). Are you saying that you support them being referred to as the "Gestapo"? The only people who need to be in anyway concerned about RPI's are people who do not have valid tickets.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It is the attitude of Burles and Denby which lets them down and the culture of fear they portray.

And what culture is this? Where on earth are you getting this from?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Everyone, let's stop with the petty arguments.

Surely the aim should be to get the best for Anglia? Isn't that what it's all about?

I was at the first meeting and do not agree with minutes being released:
1) it was the first meeting, group needs to find their way
2) you have to be respectful of the privacy of individuals.
Both these points can be considered at the next meeting.

Please remember that those running the website have families and friends to consider. If you see errors, why not email and politely request they correct them?

Do you publicly blast the appalling grammar of some of the AGA tweeters? I suspect not.

When I find a reason to praise, I do. Recently I was delayed for 57 minutes and 2 employees were unbelievably rude. I emailed Jamie Burles about the one person who was helpful and his response seemed almost proud that 1 in 3 employees were helpful. Appalling.

All we want in investment for our region.

So why are your group referring to RPI's as the "Gestapo" then?
 

LAX54

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2008
Messages
3,906
No I mean RPI's (Revenue protection inspectors). Are you saying that you support them being referred to as the "Gestapo"? The only people who need to be in anyway concerned about RPI's are people who do not have valid tickets.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


And what culture is this? Where on earth are you getting this from?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


So why are your group referring to RPI's as the "Gestapo" then?


Think the site was set up on April 1st, a very strange website in my view, if anyone from ANY TOC read it I am sure they would not take it seriously, and 'who' is it run by ? no names, no contact address, nothing ! the T&C's seem odd too ! The amount of complaints about the Loco Hauled stock, wait until they are all EMU's...they will want the Mk 3's back ! If I have to go to London by train, if there is a choice of EMU (321/360) or a hauled train, then I will wait for the hauled one, far superior and more comfortable, lets hope after a good refurb they stay for a few more years yet !
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
So EC is running the show and deciding what is and isn't made public?

This is all starting to look like UKIP style management.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
Just seen some photos on Twitter this morning with the worn seat coverings on the 360s. There's also a photo of a kid with his feet up on them.

It was pointed out that feet on seats causes far more wear, and within a matter of minutes we were on to rants about paying £5k a year and all that money going to Holland.

This is the sort of nonsense we're talking about here.

Yes, worn seats are an issue.. but there's a clear hatred that is extraordinary. To turn worn seats into a rant about a Dutch company taking all the money from commuters is just, erm, bizarre.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top