But how many fit inside the UK loading gauges?
Probably none haha
But how many fit inside the UK loading gauges?
Oh I don't know. The top'n'tail 68s used last year where reputed to be costing up to £42k per weekSlight overkill for rural branch lines!
Anyone know which flirt unit is down at Rolland's Moor at the minute?
406 has arrived at Crown Point this morning on time755406 I think? should arrive this Thursday?.
406 has arrived at Crown Point this morning on time
The first new trains come into service in the middle of 2019 and they’ll all be in service by the end of 2020.
Lots, but what does that have to do with this thread?Good to hear! What other modern rolling stock seats have you tried?
I used a Fisa Lean seat today. I found them to be quite nice. Bodes well for these new trains.![]()
Because currently there's a lot of new stock being introduced with very poor reviews of seating comfort - Anglia are one of the few operators that seem to stand a good chance of getting that right but not everybody has issue with the most complained-about seats (e.g. those on 700s and 800s) so I was keen to see whether you had any observations on those and how the FISA seats compared. I gather the main reservation here is about seat pitch rather than padding quality but the latter is very much a hot topic at the moment.Lots, but what does that have to do with this thread?
Ah very well, I interpreted your reply incorrectly.Because currently there's a lot of new stock being introduced with very poor reviews of seating comfort - Anglia are one of the few operators that seem to stand a good chance of getting that right but not everybody has issue with the most complained-about seats (e.g. those on 700s and 800s) so I was keen to see whether you had any observations on those and how the FISA seats compared. I gather the main reservation here is about seat pitch rather than padding quality but the latter is very much a hot topic at the moment.


A refurbished what? I wasn't aware they were putting FISA seats in anything on SWR?If you ever find yourself on a travelcard, with spare time, go to Waterloo and you might be lucky enough to find a refurbished unit lying about that's not due out for a while.
Oops, I never actually put where I used it in my original message.A refurbished what? I wasn't aware they were putting FISA seats in anything on SWR?
Shows how much attention I've been paying then, I had no idea they were changing the seats to LEANs. I do very occasionally use 444s but it has been a while since I've needed to and I don't normally use first but I suppose I could potentially make an exception. By the looks of things they're leather/faux-leather? I actually prefer fabric seating, so those do look quite nice. The image you've chosen there does make the window height look a little concerning for the non-elevated seats, though.Oops, I never actually put where I used it in my original message.
It was the first class interior on a Class 444:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/connernolan/30970042257/
Same cushion shape as the ones in standard on the new units:
https://www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/foto/201803/M1081230-kopie.jpg
It does look pretty bad, but the windows on the lower seats extend lower!The image you've chosen there does make the window height look a little concerning for the non-elevated seats, though.

Please. Please No. Eurgh. I guess we all had it coming with a name like that used on a modern seat.They’re called FISA Lean seats, yet I find them to be very upright
I agree about Ashbourne seats. Awful things. I think however seats have gone too much the other way now and are too upright. It means that your entire bodyweight is vertical through the base cushions, leading to discomfort more quickly. A degree of rake spreads the weight into the back so even a very hard seat can remain comfortable for a longer period.Upright doesn't have to be bad - the main reason I dislike Ashbourne seats is how much they lean back. Most well-reviewed rolling stock seating is quite upright. It's just a question of the ergonomics of the shape and the thickness of the material used on the base versus the back.
Given the vandalism that often plagues new stock that's wise.I expected/hoped to see some of these on my trip to Norwich today. I expected they'd be stables in the new sidings at Crown Point, but they were empty. Must be tucked up out of sight somewhere.
I expected/hoped to see some of these on my trip to Norwich today. I expected they'd be stables in the new sidings at Crown Point, but they were empty. Must be tucked up out of sight somewhere.