Would Cargo-D have enough mark 3s to provide for 5 coach rakes? Out of the other spare mark 3s I believe DB regio have purchased quite a few for Chiltern Railways
Ah so that's why DB own so many mark 3s. Hadn't though about that, figures.
I hope Grand Central can improve the reliability of their existing London to Bradford/Sunderland services before they start running Euston to Blackpool trains. Implementing a new service on the opposite side of the country to their existing operations with yet another different small fleet of trains sounds like they'll be stretching themselves too far.
This looks like a direct attack on Yeowart's Great North Western Railway Euston-Blackpool trains: Open access operators are now competing with other open access operators for routes? That's hardly efficient is it?
Nonetheless, with all that said, direct London trains from some of the Trent Valley stations with loco hauled stock is going to be mega! Fantastic news, and I wil definitely be making use of the new service if it comes off, both northbound and southbound from the Trent Valley.
Just how many 67s does DB have to offer?

hock: I know that the fleet of 30 is underutilised, but when you consider that Wrexham and Shropshire have 5, Chiltern will probably have another 4 or 5, and Grand Central will be wanting around 3 or 4, then that's a fair proportion of the 67 fleet. I can only hope that as soon as the wires go up to Blackpool that the 67s are replaced with 90s: It would be good to see them better used.
Unless there have been scrappings going on this year, there are loads of spare DVTs available. There are a few mark 3s going spare, but I'm not sure there'd be enough to form up a suitable number of carriage rakes. Although I'm sure Grand Central have done the maths and come up with a number they like.