Me and Aureol just spent the last two days on a romantic break around Lincolnshire together.
Almost all of which was on sprinters! Mainly 153s.
After a rather average day of bashing, we arrive at Lincoln at about 1730 and decide to go on a crazy trip to Cleethorpes via Market Rasen on the 1952 service!
That's two hours to waste...
So we made our way to Toys 'R' Us and walked through every single aisle and then went and got some rather nasty food at McDondalds.
When we got to Cleethorpes, our train left and we had to get straight back on the train to Lincoln. (whoops...) As it was too late for me to get home, or even to stay at Dan's in Ash Vale, we had to ring Aureol's mother, who was most unhappy at the thought of bringing us two back from Nottingham.
After a rather sleepless night at Baggy's we were awoken by his Mum and baby sister and less than a couple of hours later were on our way to Skegness for the day!
Unfortunately, when we got to Lincoln, we realised (after the £20 ranger had been purchased!) that there was a rail replacement coach service between Boston and Skegness. I get travel sick, and the journey was roughly an hour by coach. Eep.
I was okay on the way there though, and we had fun at the beach. We found a spade and wrote our names in the sand (cause we're cool like that) and we saw a starfish! (but not a chocolate one) We missed the coach back to Boston, so we had to wait an entire hour with sand filling our shoes.
We got the front seats on the bus so I didn't get travel sick as much, but it didn't really seem to help, and I felt ill all the way home. I did Chesterfield to Stockport hanging over 158886's loo! The EMT guard was really, really nice to me though, so I'm going to write a letter to EMT to thank him for being so great.
Now I'm feeling mostly better, so uploaded the photos from the two days into two collections and wrote this lovely little story. Hurrah.
PICTURES AT GIZMOGLE.FOTOPIC.NET
AND
BAGGYS RAIL PICS
Almost all of which was on sprinters! Mainly 153s.
After a rather average day of bashing, we arrive at Lincoln at about 1730 and decide to go on a crazy trip to Cleethorpes via Market Rasen on the 1952 service!
That's two hours to waste...
So we made our way to Toys 'R' Us and walked through every single aisle and then went and got some rather nasty food at McDondalds.
When we got to Cleethorpes, our train left and we had to get straight back on the train to Lincoln. (whoops...) As it was too late for me to get home, or even to stay at Dan's in Ash Vale, we had to ring Aureol's mother, who was most unhappy at the thought of bringing us two back from Nottingham.
After a rather sleepless night at Baggy's we were awoken by his Mum and baby sister and less than a couple of hours later were on our way to Skegness for the day!
Unfortunately, when we got to Lincoln, we realised (after the £20 ranger had been purchased!) that there was a rail replacement coach service between Boston and Skegness. I get travel sick, and the journey was roughly an hour by coach. Eep.
I was okay on the way there though, and we had fun at the beach. We found a spade and wrote our names in the sand (cause we're cool like that) and we saw a starfish! (but not a chocolate one) We missed the coach back to Boston, so we had to wait an entire hour with sand filling our shoes.
We got the front seats on the bus so I didn't get travel sick as much, but it didn't really seem to help, and I felt ill all the way home. I did Chesterfield to Stockport hanging over 158886's loo! The EMT guard was really, really nice to me though, so I'm going to write a letter to EMT to thank him for being so great.
Now I'm feeling mostly better, so uploaded the photos from the two days into two collections and wrote this lovely little story. Hurrah.
PICTURES AT GIZMOGLE.FOTOPIC.NET
AND
BAGGYS RAIL PICS