I despair when such questions are both off-topic and a childish personal attack on my intelligence.
Asking you whether you had to pay to go to university is neither.
I despair when such questions are both off-topic and a childish personal attack on my intelligence.
Was the "Leave" battle bus that carried that slogan an official vehicle sponsored by the Conservative Party or was it just on behalf of a consortium of various hues of the political rainbow. Remember that the RMT leadership were all in favour of a "Leave" decision, whilst many in the Conservative Party were "Remain" supporters.
Are you claiming that the £350 million per week was a Conservative Party manifesto promise?
Urgh. Malignant Gnome returns to the fore.
Michael Gove is made Secretary of State for the Environment, replacing Andrea Leadsom who has been made Leader of the House.
Theresa May needs people who will be loyal to her. Gove will be loyal to anyone, as long as they give him a job.
Austerity shouldn't be seen as one sided as it normally is by the freeloading lefties.
Austerity can be a good thing as it means that one can save even more money by cutting back and by cutting back, you save even more money - I've done this and I'm seeing the money pour in, so much so that owning my own home will happen faster because I've cut back and set a strict budget to work to and not expected everything to be given to me on a plate.
People saw the Leave battlebus and its slogan on TV and leading Conservative politicians like Boris J and Michael Gove closely associated with it. They may well have made a connection and were probably intended to. When various others e.g. Lord Ashdown pointed out that our net expenditure on the EU was a lot less than that figure Boris declined to acknowledge that fact. Even if people did not connect the claimed weekly saving with the Conservative Party they most probably believed that money would be available for the NHS if we left the EU, which is what the slogan on the bus was intended to encourage them to think. If not, what was it there for? If the money's now not going to be available I'm not surprised, but those who believed it will be justified in feeling they've been deceived, and at least some of them will feel let down by the party of the people who were most associated with the battlebus.
But if we leave the EU this is just one of disappointments we'll discover.
Asking you whether you had to pay to go to university is neither.
Paul, I don't have a dog in this fight (as the Americans would say), but it doesn't do your rhetorical position any good responding to a post saying that you don't answer questions by not answering the question.How many times do I have to say...
How many times do I have to say that if a person is too lazy to find the date when the Blair aspiration of a 50% University take-up place was said, which made no mention whatsoever of tuition costs so he can then see how many years had elapsed from the year of 1966 when I received my First in Mathematics to the date of the Blair statement, then I put that down to the callowness of youth.
Am I really to believe that website members do not have the wherewithal to use the information readily available about Universities in the early 1960 time period. Maybe "bursaries" is just one example of a word now that seems unknown to the younger members of this website.
I now laugh when I recall the number of postings that have been made about my personal life since I joined this website in April 2011, especially as many of these people making those postings would be the first to decry any attempt made to obtain personal information, especially about themselves...:roll:
I've heard this said numerous times. But no one yet has told me which 'hundreds' of laws these are.
Does anyone have a list? Or is it like the £350m/week for the NHS - a pure fantasy.
Malignant Gnome said:I was quite surprised, I have to say ... I genuinely didn’t expect this role.
I am delighted to be part of the government, I am delighted to be able to support Theresa to ensure that we have a government capable of delivering on the people’s wishes.
When do you think we will have the next election?
When do you think we will have the next election?
I think it'll be within the next 18 months.
My gut feeling is that'll it'll be sooner than that. I think a lot will depend on whether the Queen's Speech gets voted in or out
"Ready" and "able", though often used together, don't mean the same thing!A clip on the BBC News at Ten tonight had Theresa May claming that she's ready to serve a full 5 year term as Prime Minister
That woman really is living in a parallel universe.
A clip on the BBC News at Ten tonight had Theresa May claming that she's ready to serve a full 5 year term as Prime Minister
That woman really is living in a parallel universe.
When do you think we will have the next election?
As McDonnell told Marr it would be inevitable that if labour lost the election him and Corbyn would resign
However, those who were part of the Vote Leave campaign which promised the extra £350 million per week the National Health Service (after we left the EU), such as Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and Iain Duncan Smith, are prominent members of the Conservative Party. They should stand by that promise and ensure it is carried out after we leave the European Union, or they should apologise for reneging on that promise.
They didn't lose the election. It was a score draw. It's just when you score the last minute equaliser (like Labour did) it feels like a win and when you concede the last minute equaliser (like the Tories) it feels like a loss.
Nobody won the election and nobody lost it.
As I see it, it is in the Conservative's best interest to delay the next election as long as possible.
Are you saying the Tories didn't win the election ?