• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Class 60s

Tobytrain10

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2026
Messages
433
Location
Lincoln
Do you know what the "D", "U" and "X" means at the end? I know "N" is normal or active and "T" for transfer but I can't think of what the other mean
I know X means something to do with ongoing maintenance, and i was going to ask what D and U meant but i forgot to ask, curious what the answer is
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

47286Dan

Established Member
Joined
27 Dec 2018
Messages
2,226
Do you know what the "D", "U" and "X" means at the end? I know "N" is normal or active and "T" for transfer but I can't think of what the other mean
X - Undergoing maintenance or repair at a TMD or is on a test run

D - At a TMD awaitin the commencement of maintenance work or repairs

U - Stored in an unserviceable condition.

Dan
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,889
Do you know what the "D", "U" and "X" means at the end? I know "N" is normal or active and "T" for transfer but I can't think of what the other mean
D - Awaiting maintenance
U - Stored unserviceable
X - On maintenance/repair
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,705
Location
Derby
I wonder what the plans for 018 at Loughborough were/are
I would suspect plans for some Class 60 users has changed. I would have thought some 60s were purchased with a plan for a major rebuild. That might have been put on hold once the Super 60s went on sale.. Easier to get back into service. But, time will tell
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,705
Location
Derby

Tobytrain10

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2026
Messages
433
Location
Lincoln
I panicked when I read this message. Within minutes I was out the door, and I got a picture of it. Great Gable on a freight. Well, a short rake of empty bogie hoppers. Thanks for posting just in time.
Was originally allocated 69001 but changed just before it left im pretty sure
 

Top