• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Airport to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldave

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Messages
2,687
I think from now on I might just make a point of doing that all the time! It'd be quicker than waiting for them to select a Gatwick Express ticket so that I can press "start again" and buy the ticket I want once they've gone to mug the next customer!

For an off peak return journey an East Croydon Travelcard and Gatwick to BZ6 return is cheaper than the ticket the helper suggests and is valid on Gatwick Express; both can be bought from the TVM too.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2010
Messages
7,448
I think from now on I might just make a point of doing that all the time! It'd be quicker than waiting for them to select a Gatwick Express ticket so that I can press "start again" and buy the ticket I want once they've gone to mug the next customer!

I misread that as Gatwick Excess ticket at first.... rather freudian methinks...
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,959
Location
UK
That's beautiful. If I had a mobile that worked in the UK I'd do it.
If you can find a phone that works on 3G (W-CDMA 2100MHz), might I also suggest you get a Three mobile SIM card and put a £15 top up which will buy you calls, texts and unlimited (25GB fair use) data within the UK and many EU countries including France and Spain? I think you can even buy a SIM pack from vending machines at the airport with the add on already included and activated as soon as you put it in a phone.

Looking at your location, you can even use it until the bundle expires back in the US! It's prepaid and doesn't need to be registered.
 
Last edited:

ACL

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2010
Messages
113
Location
Maryland, USA
I just returned home to the 'States. Thanks to all here. We purchased 7 Pound 90 tickets for the Thameslink train into Blackfriars just as suggested. Without your help I probably would have fallen foul of the "helpers" and spent considerably more money. I also warned the young lady sitting next to me on the plane of them.

And the train was waiting for us when we went downstairs to the track.

And that Oyster Card worked GREAT!!! I love how you can turn them in at the end of your visit and get your 5 Pounds back along with unused fare.

Again, my thanks to everyone.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
You're welcome. Glad you had a good experience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top