ACL
Member
On June 27th I will be flying into London Gatwick airport. I haven't flown into Gatwick in many moons. I want to take the train into London where we will be staying. I fly into Heathrow occasionally and take either the Heathrow Connect or the Tube into London. I never want to pay the higher fares for the Heathrow Express, nor do I want to pay the nearly 20 Pounds per person for the Gatwick Express when there are perfectly good trains headed to the same place for much less. (Note: I will buying two tickets, one for me and one for my 18 y/o nephew.) These tickets will not be return. We are leaving London on the Eurostar.
Edit: I should note that our final destination is in the area of the Earls Court Tube Station
My questions are:
How much should I expect to pay, off-peak, for two train tickets to London Victoria Station if I purchase the ticket just before boarding? I see that it is 11 Pounds each on the National Rail Enquires website, but is that an advance fare?
Where would be the best place to get Oyster Cards? Are they for sale in the train stations (Gatwick or Victoria) or will I have to get them in the Tube Station?
Thank you.
Edit: I should note that our final destination is in the area of the Earls Court Tube Station
My questions are:
How much should I expect to pay, off-peak, for two train tickets to London Victoria Station if I purchase the ticket just before boarding? I see that it is 11 Pounds each on the National Rail Enquires website, but is that an advance fare?
Where would be the best place to get Oyster Cards? Are they for sale in the train stations (Gatwick or Victoria) or will I have to get them in the Tube Station?
Thank you.
Last edited:
