No chanceBit of a wildcard, but could Northern be interested in them?
No chanceBit of a wildcard, but could Northern be interested in them?
They didn’t say they’d refuse, but that they wanted a plan in place for their withdrawal. Not heard any more from them about it though.Is it this summer or next that ASLEF has said they will refuse to drive the HSTs?
Is it just ScotRail that ASLEF are against HST use? Or GWR and XC as well?They didn’t say they’d refuse, but that they wanted a plan in place for their withdrawal. Not heard any more from them about it though.
I’d be delighted if their demand was achieved, as it happens.
Is it just ScotRail that ASLEF are against HST use? Or GWR and XC as well?
Four current mainline operators? There's more than that.ASLEF had concerns about the continued operation of HSTs without any improvements to cab crash worthiness by all 4 current mainline operators, all of which have ASLEF representing their drivers.
Four current mainline operators? There's more than that.
If you were referring to my post then I was only asking if it was possible that could happen or if just one of the batch that's all.It’s been said so many times before that nobody knows. As soon as anything is announced I’m sure it will be posted on here somewhere.
Yes I was answering your query.If you were referring to my post then I was only asking if it was possible that could happen or if just one of the batch that's all.
One of the biggest issues would be depot capacity for 7-car units. Most of the places where CrossCountry get their trains serviced, including Central Rivers, are set up around the trains only being 5-car length. Introducing 7-car fixed-formation units would appear to be problematic / require significant investment in depots.if the 222's were reformed into 7 coaches
One of the biggest issues would be depot capacity for 7-car units. Most of the places where CrossCountry get their trains serviced, including Central Rivers, are set up around the trains only being 5-car length. Introducing 7-car fixed-formation units would appear to be problematic / require significant investment in depots.
(I appreciate that HSTs are longer but they are serviced at depots on the route which have been handling them for over 40 years.)