sytransport
Member
I’d argue they’re right though, it’s First West Yorkshire and York, Pullman might be in York but doesn’t fall under the York OpCo.Pullman is part of FirstGroup, which is why I put it in this thread.
I’d argue they’re right though, it’s First West Yorkshire and York, Pullman might be in York but doesn’t fall under the York OpCo.Pullman is part of FirstGroup, which is why I put it in this thread.
According to Wikipedia, York Pullman falls under the First Bus North & West Yorkshire OpCo as a subsidiary.I’d argue they’re right though, it’s First West Yorkshire and York, Pullman might be in York but doesn’t fall under the York OpCo.
The sale was completed in February 2024, with the company retained as a subsidiary of the First North and West Yorkshire business unit, bringing over 130 buses and coaches into the FirstGroup fleet.
I’d argue it shouldn’t be, as they are completely operationally separate, with a completely different fleet, painting random old Geminis into plain white being a case in pointYork Pullman news if often reported in this thread.
Tetley’s?I’d argue it shouldn’t be, as they are completely operationally separate, with a completely different fleet, painting random old Geminis into plain white being a case in point
I’d start a new thread
I know we never will as they don’t track on BusTimes, but I wouldn’t expect to see posts about J&B Travel in here
Tetley's news has been posted here occasionally, such as when some of the Kernow fleet transferred up.Tetley’s?
They are managed under the same umbrella as First West Yorkshire & York however. Pullman's public services do track on Bustimes, its just most of their school/college services that don't.I’d argue it shouldn’t be, as they are completely operationally separate, with a completely different fleet, painting random old Geminis into plain white being a case in point
I’d start a new thread myself
I know we never will as they don’t track on BusTimes, but I wouldn’t expect to see posts about J&B Travel in here
Public services should track unless they’re operated under a Section 19 or 22 permit.Tetley's news has been posted here occasionally, such as when some of the Kernow fleet transferred up.
They are managed under the same umbrella as First West Yorkshire & York however. Pullman's public services do track on Bustimes, its just most of their school/college services that don't.
Yorkraifan did say the public routes track. It is the scholars' routes that don't, which is right if they are closed door and procured by the local authority.Public services should track unless they’re operated under a Section 19 or 22 permit.
York Pullman are part of the Business and Coach Division with Andrew Jarvis as Managing Director. Nothing to do with First West Yorkshire & York.They are managed under the same umbrella as First West Yorkshire & York however. Pullman's public services do track on Bustimes, its just most of their school/college services that don't.
Some school/college services do track, including the M1 which is open to the public.Yorkraifan did say the public routes track. It is the scholars' routes that don't, which is right if they are closed door and procured by the local authority.
They are a standalone company within the First North & West Yorkshire business unit (which includes First York, First Huddersfield, First Leeds, First Bradford and First Halifax). Some of the First York management team is transferring/have transferred to York Pullman.York Pullman are part of the Business and Coach Division with Andrew Jarvis as Managing Director. Nothing to do with First West Yorkshire & York.
One of the management team at York has moved across and someone else has took their role. York also now lies in a different part of the business to West Yorkshire too!Some school/college services do track, including the M1 which is open to the public.
They are a standalone company within the First North & West Yorkshire business unit (which includes First York, First Huddersfield, First Leeds, First Bradford and First Halifax). Some of the First York management team is transferring/have transferred to York Pullman.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Halifax Streetlite 47492 has been repainted to Ultraviolet.
York and Scotland are joined up in the same business unit and comes under Firsts commercial division (B2C). The rest of Yorkshire is now in the franchise business unit (B2G).One of the management team at York has moved across and someone else has took their role. York also now lies in a different part of the business to West Yorkshire too!
Hence why Pullman have been strengthening their management team of late.York and Scotland are joined up in the same business unit and comes under Firsts commercial division (B2C). The rest of Yorkshire is now in the franchise business unit (B2G).
Pullman should come under the business and coaching unit (B2B).
While it's old, I think there's clearly a lot of thought - there's just one 'decker left to repaint into Ultraviolet at Huddersfield now (37295, which is the last regular service bus in HD Connect colours too). That will leave the last handful of BMC schoolbuses (there were four left in the schoolbus variant of HD Connect, I've no idea how many are left actually being used, mind), and eight StreetLites (63291-95 and 63370/73/75) in Olympia.Another end of life decker repainted, brilliant. Does any thought whatsoever go into which vehicles go for repaint?!
Is it likely that 19 year old deckers will be cascaded?While it's old, I think there's clearly a lot of thought - there's just one 'decker left to repaint into Ultraviolet at Huddersfield now (37295, which is the last regular service bus in HD Connect colours too). That will leave the last handful of BMC schoolbuses (there were four left in the schoolbus variant of HD Connect, I've no idea how many are left actually being used, mind), and eight StreetLites (63291-95 and 63370/73/75) in Olympia.
With Huddersfield as one of the first areas to be franchised, having the fleet all in Ultraviolet will help when vehicles get cascaded (as the StreetLites and some of the newer Volvo 'deckers surely will be).
They’ll be being repainted ready to shift elsewhere when franchising comes into effect, particularly if the garage is lost. I’d imagine we’ll most likely see some of the most unreliable vehicles sold to WYCA (if I’m correct they’re buying the vehicles) which would probably consist of mainly Streetlites!It is almost ironic about how depot standards have shifted. Not long ago, Leeds received almost all the investment and attention, and had done for decades. Now the pendulum seems to have swung entirely the other way. Huddersfield repaints seem to jump straight to the front of the queue, regardless of logic as shown in the thread, all while presentation at the other local operations has become genuinely dire.
Huddersfield is due to be the first fully electric depot on launch due to reallocated funding. More than half of the fleet is also life expired so they do not have a future outside of a scrapyard.They’ll be being repainted ready to shift elsewhere when franchising comes into effect, particularly if the garage is lost. I’d imagine we’ll most likely see some of the most unreliable vehicles sold to WYCA (if I’m correct they’re buying the vehicles) which would probably consist of mainly Streetlites!
Another end of life decker repainted, brilliant. Does any thought whatsoever go into which vehicles go for repaint?!
You do have a way of turning a positive into a negative.It is almost ironic about how depot standards have shifted. Not long ago, Leeds received almost all the investment and attention, and had done for decades. Now the pendulum seems to have swung entirely the other way. Huddersfield repaints seem to jump straight to the front of the queue, regardless of logic as shown in the thread, all while presentation at the other local operations has become genuinely dire.
I’ve known First to repaint a bus and withdraw it from service days later.I recon all the B9s at Huddersfield are destined for use elsewhere, even the 07 plate ones, otherwise they wouldn't bother painting them. Tetleys until last month were still running an ALX400 that sounded in poor condition, no doubt all the other companies First have bought have buses that need replacing. You've also got to consider school contracts, temporary local authority contracts such as the recent 116 in Leeds and so on. They have a plan for them because why waste paint on them?
First Glasgow to be more correct.I’ve known First to repaint a bus and withdraw it from service days later.
It's almost as though Huddersfield will be the first region to be franchised. Of course First will be slapping paint- at minimal cost- to the buses operating there. You don't go on a date wearing tatty old jeans.Huddersfield repaints seem to jump straight to the front of the queue, regardless of logic
Huddersfield is not the only depot in the first round. Leeds (or one of the depots) is also in the first round and neither one of the depots are anything close to what they used to be presentation wise. It simply appears that this operation currently, and historically, has never had the resources to uphold a presentable fleet operation wide. They can keep two depots in tip top shape at the expense of others running around abysmal paintwork. Main offender at the moment, Bradford. A majority of volvos look like the below.It's almost as though Huddersfield will be the first region to be franchised. Of course First will be slapping paint- at minimal cost- to the buses operating there. You don't go on a date wearing tatty old jeans.
37692 still to do at Huddersfield this one in Olympia liveryWhile it's old, I think there's clearly a lot of thought - there's just one 'decker left to repaint into Ultraviolet at Huddersfield now (37295, which is the last regular service bus in HD Connect colours too). That will leave the last handful of BMC schoolbuses (there were four left in the schoolbus variant of HD Connect, I've no idea how many are left actually being used, mind), and eight StreetLites (63291-95 and 63370/73/75) in Olympia.
With Huddersfield as one of the first areas to be franchised, having the fleet all in Ultraviolet will help when vehicles get cascaded (as the StreetLites and some of the newer Volvo 'deckers surely will be).