• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Rail London - Trainee Driver - Recruitment Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TrainD12

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2025
Messages
27
Location
London
Hi, has anyone been invited for an assessment day recently since receiving the email of being on the “reserve list” for 6 months?
 

Txyy

New Member
Joined
15 Sep 2026
Messages
1
Location
east london
Anyone else on here starting in the new trainee group on 26th October?
Hey, yeah im also part of the intake on the 26th Oct

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

How long ago did you have your dmi abd do your assessments if you don’t mind me asking?
Im also in that intake and my DMI was on the 11th Sept and my assessments and MMI was the last week of July
 

TrainD12

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2025
Messages
27
Location
London
Oh nice just trying to work out the last time they done assessments

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Waiting to be invited for a DMI, hopefully soon.
How long ago did you pass your assessments mate?
 

Kaeyby

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2024
Messages
7
Location
Shoreditch High Street
Oh nice just trying to work out the last time they done assessments

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


How long ago did you pass your assessments mate?
3rd of September is when I went for my Stage 2. Received an email 4 days after to say I passed.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I thought I mentioned on this post but I didn't, funny enough when I posted my comment about waiting for a DMI, I received an email an hour later. Just done my DMI for FRL and was a bit more complex that I had imagined. Hopefully if I passed the interview and that I'll be able to start on the 26th of next month.
 
Last edited:

TrainD12

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2025
Messages
27
Location
London
3rd of September is when I went for my Stage 2. Received an email 4 days after to say I passed.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I thought I mentioned on this post but I didn't, funny enough when I posted my comment about waiting for a DMI, I received an email an hour later. Just done my DMI for FRL and was a bit more complex that I had imagined. Hopefully if I passed the interview and that I'll be able to start on the 26th of next month.
What sort of questions did they ask? And did they stay there was spaces on the October course or did they have spaces for different courses in the following months?
 

Kaeyby

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2024
Messages
7
Location
Shoreditch High Street
What sort of questions did they ask? And did they stay there was spaces on the October course or did they have spaces for different courses in the following months?
:DHiya,

There is a mix of questions they will ask, ranging from “What do you know about our company?” to “Tell me about a time when you were involved in an emergency situation.” For the competency-based questions, it is highly recommended to use the STAR technique, but it’s not really a case of having to memorise your answers. It’s more about using real-life experiences and explaining how you dealt with them. I can explain it in a bit more detail if you send me a message.

Also, to answer your question about the course dates, I believe the course for next month still has some slots available, as some applicants may be delayed from starting due to the required checks. However, I think that after a certain date has passed, they probably won’t enrol any more trainees onto that course.

There are more courses available after that, but unfortunately, I don’t have any information on when they will be, so I apologise.
 

TrainD12

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2025
Messages
27
Location
London
:DHiya,

There is a mix of questions they will ask, ranging from “What do you know about our company?” to “Tell me about a time when you were involved in an emergency situation.” For the competency-based questions, it is highly recommended to use the STAR technique, but it’s not really a case of having to memorise your answers. It’s more about using real-life experiences and explaining how you dealt with them. I can explain it in a bit more detail if you send me a message.

Also, to answer your question about the course dates, I believe the course for next month still has some slots available, as some applicants may be delayed from starting due to the required checks. However, I think that after a certain date has passed, they probably won’t enrol any more trainees onto that course.

There are more courses available after that, but unfortunately, I don’t have any information on when they will be, so I apologise.
Ok thanks man! I’m still waiting to sit computer tests with OPC so I guess there’s still hope if they have more course dates.
 

Top