I received this tooI applied for the New Cross position. I received another email asking to fill in some more details, I wasn't sure whether it was a scam or not. Did another else receive such an email ?
you’re so welcome! and yesss you’ll only be tested on those for stage 1Thank you so much!! I took your advice and got some stuff from Railprep which has been useful!
A question to you (and others) in the invitation E-mail It recommended me to focus on the following tests for this assessment
- Group Bourdon
- Tea-Occ (Test of Everyday Attention)
- M7-SJT (Situational Judgement Test)
- DFFT (Driver Fault Finding Test)
Just so i know, im not expecting any other surprises in a sense that there are most tests i would have to do but they havent specified in the e-mail? just want to make sure im revising the right things!
Thanks![]()
and the which you don’t do now you’ll do in stage 2For the overground you have to do the VSE in person as well as online.hello guys,
I have applied for GTR 7 months ago and passed all psychometric assessments to enhanced level but failed DMI. I now applied to Willesden junction depot. I received the rejection followed by acceptance and filled out the form for OPC to check my previous results on the database. I then received an email inviting me to OPC, I need to do the visual search exercise and M7SJT.
I am confused how some people get to do these online and i have to come in person to do those tests.
Also, any hints or tips for those assessments
what stages do these need to be completed both on the same day or apart?
Yes, received this too - not a scamI applied for the New Cross position. I received another email asking to fill in some more details, I wasn't sure whether it was a scam or not. Did another else receive such an email ?
Yeah I got this email also filled it in but no reply yet. Just checked on there website my application now says pending.Yes, received this too - not a scam
No I didn’t get back anything yet no emails like that but may be in morning we got this emailJust received an email on the lines of “hold tight” we will get back to you soon. Take a look at job description and let us know if the role is for you . Has anyone else received such an email?
I’m in the same boat. Everything signed, sealed and received from HR. In the email it said to wait for information from your line manager. When do you start?Does anyone know if arriva sends some sort of final confirmation after the medical and references are all good? I have signed the contract and my medical went well, just wondering if there’s some sort of communication from Arriva to confirm that all requirements have been met? Thanks!
I should be starting on the 24th of November! Was thinking about maybe calling the Zellis company next week to ask whether the reference checks have been completed and then calling the Arriva HR department itself to see if they’ve received all the info they need. Would be good to know so I can figure out when to give my noticeI’m in the same boat. Everything signed, sealed and received from HR. In the email it said to wait for information from your line manager. When do you start?
When trying to log into Zellis via the link that they originally sent it does say “this check is now complete” so I’m assuming it’s all done and dusted. I’m also starting on the 24th.I should be starting on the 24th of November! Was thinking about maybe calling the Zellis company next week to ask whether the reference checks have been completed and then calling the Arriva HR department itself to see if they’ve received all the info they need. Would be good to know so I can figure out when to give my notice
When you say everything signed and received, is that the contract itself or the starter packs? I printed the sheets hand written them then scanned them back as it wouldn't allow me to edit the document lol, im yet to receive a date for the medical. Also starting on the 24th November.I’m in the same boat. Everything signed, sealed and received from HR. In the email it said to wait for information from your line manager. When do you start?
Contract and starter packs. Completed and passed my medical as well.When you say everything signed and received, is that the contract itself or the starter packs? I printed the sheets hand written them then scanned them back as it wouldn't allow me to edit the document lol, im yet to receive a date for the medical. Also starting on the 24th November.
Only the email to fill out form requesting more info.Hey is there anyone who applied for New Cross and heard anything??
Yeah I got this filled it in checked my portal just says pending.Only the email to fill out form requesting more info.
Same thing happened to meYeah I got this filled it in checked my portal just says pending.
Yes i just received the email tooJust got an email I’m progressing to the next stage online testing
I have received this tooJust got an email I’m progressing to the next stage online testing
That’s what I wanted to know to haha because there’s usually just one but I have 2 spatial ability and another oneCan anyone tell me what is the online testing? What does it consist of?
You transfer over to the new company, same as everyone else.Also had the same for New Cross. Assessments need to be completed by 12 October.
I’m aware that the ARL contract with Tfl ends in March 2026. If their tender is not selected to continue the service, I’m wondering what happens with these jobs, especially as anyone successful would still be in training.
Thanks for confirming. Really wasn’t sure.You transfer over to the new company, same as everyone else.
What’s the other test about lol it just says “assessment” and also are you timed for the spatial ability if so how long?That’s what I wanted to know to haha because there’s usually just one but I have 2 spatial ability and another one