• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First IEP to Inverness (15/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,128
Location
Redcar
Looks to be on it's way! About ten down at Newcastle mind you...

Anyone planning on getting some photos once it's gets to the Highlands?
 

47271

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2015
Messages
2,983
Don't bother with highland photos this afternoon, it gets dark at 330pm up here at this time of year!
 

92002

Established Member
Joined
27 Mar 2014
Messages
1,261
Location
Clydebank
Looks to be on it's way! About ten down at Newcastle mind you...

Anyone planning on getting some photos once it's gets to the Highlands?

Arrived Edinburgh 18 early. Will no doubt be held to it's time for departure
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,128
Location
Redcar
Don't bother with highland photos this afternoon, it gets dark at 330pm up here at this time of year!
Yes I suppose so! Perhaps a station shot at Inverness itself then is the best we can expect.
 

Clansman

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2016
Messages
2,654
Location
Scotland
Here's what awaits 800101 up at Drumochter Pass
 

Attachments

  • 25394315_1717744624943234_1172138776_n.jpg
    25394315_1717744624943234_1172138776_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 25437329_1717754078275622_1573205382_n.jpg
    25437329_1717754078275622_1573205382_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 291

waynemorrell

Member
Joined
25 Aug 2017
Messages
113
Location
Inverness
Well it managed it anyway! Seven down at Inverness though...

Yep, it was already there when I got there, RTT said it was booked for Platform 2 but the sleeper was using that platform so the 800 used Platform 1 instead, though I’ve known RTT to be wrong about platforms in the past.

BTW RTT says the TOC is ZZ, I thought that was used for freight.

Looks like it’s return journey is due to depart Inverness at 1913 arriving back at Doncaster IEP depot at 0310 tomorrow morning, headcode 5X72.
 

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,879
Location
Rugby
Yep, it was already there when I got there, RTT said it was booked for Platform 2 but the sleeper was using that platform so the 800 used Platform 1 instead, though I’ve known RTT to be wrong about platforms in the past.

BTW RTT says the TOC is ZZ, I thought that was used for freight.

Looks like it’s return journey is due to depart Inverness at 1913 arriving back at Doncaster IEP depot at 0310 tomorrow morning, headcode 5X72.

I think it would be operated by GBRF as opposed to Virgin East Coast
 

capital12

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2012
Messages
526
Well It was six early out of Perth so you could argue that it lost thirteen.

Actually I think it lost, or at least took 26 mins longer, if you add up the time it took to travel between each point from Perth to Inverness vs time allowed - ignoring station dwell times.
 

mullac30

Member
Joined
2 Jul 2017
Messages
129
The IET arriving in Inverness...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20171215_173827.jpg
    IMG_20171215_173827.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_20171215_173835.jpg
    IMG_20171215_173835.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 312
  • IMG_20171215_174003_2.jpg
    IMG_20171215_174003_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 296

route101

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,316
I did hear that there may be " clearance issues" with them in Fife (Burntisland platforms and Kinghorn tunnel)

Interesting , they will need to sort that out . Hopefully see one in Glasgow , although with only 2 services a day i fear VTEC may drop the Glasgow bit .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top