• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect Bedford Depot Drivers-3678 LH

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Good luck to those applying, although I heard from friends within First that they've already allocated the position to internal candidates with lots of people applying from within!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beveridges

Established Member
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,136
Location
BLACKPOOL
Normally the case, which is another reason to work in the company in another role first before being able to get what you really want
 

playmore64

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2012
Messages
102
For those of you that applied externally, have you heard anything?
 
Last edited:

wills

Member
Joined
20 Nov 2012
Messages
49
Location
Down the Line!
Yes, heard back this morning - thanks but no thanks and now unable to apply for anything under the same category for a period of 3 months <(

Bad times and also somewhat annoying due to the fact im now 'frozen out' for 3 months! :(
 

mkwhite

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2012
Messages
50
Yes, heard back this morning - thanks but no thanks and now unable to apply for anything under the same category for a period of 3 months <(

Bad times and also somewhat annoying due to the fact im now 'frozen out' for 3 months! :(

What status did your online application state?
 

playmore64

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2012
Messages
102
@ mkwhite: It normally reads: Unsuccessfully in shortlisting.
 
Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
@ wills: Unlucky dude, but unfortunately the signs were there, it would appear FCC had these positions filled internally. It was bizarre they re-advertised, but like I stated above it was just to make them look good.

What a load of rubbish. I take it from your previous post and your rather tedious changing of their name and that you 'have been told' that you work for them. Why would any employer advertise something again just to 'make them look good'? They dont. This could have been a number of reasons for it to be listed again. You dont know why it was yet you feel free to comment and demonise them. Pathetic.


I find it very unfair for those that have put a lot of hard work in their application and to be told, 'thanks but no thanks'.

Again, rubbish. At least them have told them they have been rejected.


Lots of people in all sorts of jobs including those outside the railway, put hard work into their applications only to be told(if theyre lucky) that they have not been successfull. Yet you, with your axe to bare against First group, seem to think this is unfair? Well there are only so many jobs to go round so maybe you should give up yours to give someone else a chance then eh?

No? Didnt think so.
 

st.ives

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2013
Messages
39
Location
Guess
I am an external applicant and have not heard yet. My application status is 'Pending Driver assessment verification'.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
I am an external applicant and have not heard yet. My application status is 'Pending Driver assessment verification'.

Very cool! Good luck, hopefully there are some spaces for externals!
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Ooooh touchy!

Someone is in the mood the defend their beloved firm.

I stand by what I have stated and you can defend your 'Corrupt' organisation.

We're all entitled to out opinions, SIR!

Quite frankly I find your response rather dull and pathetic!

Who said I worked for them and now they are corrupt!!

Can you substatiate any of your outlandish claims or are they, as I suspect, false.



 

Southwest

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2011
Messages
200
Location
Bedfordshire
It does seem to be a bit bonkers to have a closing date of 1st April (any significance there I wonder) and fill the posts before the. Even if they were filled, surely it would have paid them to keep things on the QT until the closing date?

In any company though, it's always nice to know that you can progress from within, so to speak.
 

playmore64

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2012
Messages
102
Pardon me!

I wish you all the best st.ives let us know how you get on.
 
Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Put it this way, if a qualified D.Driver got the, 'thanks, but no thanks', then I rest my case!

As for Mr.Clip my mouth with a stapler, need I remind you of the WCML fiasco, why do you think they had a reshuffle within the DfT.

I wish you all the best st.ives let us know how you get on.

So as I first thought. You can't substantiate your claims that I work for first or that they are a corrupt organisation.
I thought as much
 

Beveridges

Established Member
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,136
Location
BLACKPOOL
A lot of recruitment processes are corrupt. A lot of recruitment processes needlessly waste peoples time.

For example some TOC's often advertise for roles externally that are then filled internally and all the externals told that "the vacancies are now withdrawn". I know this for a fact as my TOC does it.

First Group often do the same if what I read above is correct.

Many TOC's - again going off the posts on here and Railchat - also have been known to advertise for trainee drivers then fill them with qualified drivers. Why not just advertise for qualified drivers in the first place?

Worse still, some TOC's put applicants through all the process, right up to & including medical stage. Then withdraw the job offer "due to changes in business requirements".

This is without even mentioning that sometimes they are in on the "Old Mates Act".

In short, they couldn't give a damn about you until you've got the contract in your hand.

I have to say it is corrupt. Not having a rant as none of the above even matters to me now that I've got both feet in the door.
 
Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Your definition of corruption must be different to mine thenBeveridges, but recruiting internally is far easier than external applicants as you already have a built up picture of them through their work and know if they are suited. Does the same corruption you claim happen go also for the internal candidates who didn't get the job?

I've had enough with this thread as I am getting threatening pms for a certain poster so I shall leave it.
 

Beveridges

Established Member
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,136
Location
BLACKPOOL
Your definition of corruption must be different to mine thenBeveridges, but recruiting internally is far easier than external applicants as you already have a built up picture of them through their work and know if they are suited. Does the same corruption you claim happen go also for the internal candidates who didn't get the job?


Not saying its corrupt giving it to the Internal applicant but I'm saying that they should never have advertised it externally & waste everyones time applying when they had no chance of getting it as the job was only ever going to go to an Internal.
 

wills

Member
Joined
20 Nov 2012
Messages
49
Location
Down the Line!
What status did your online application state?

It went from 'Awaiting Shortlisting' to 'Unsuccessful - shortlisting'.

To add salt to my wounds I also got the same 'thanks but no thanks' from c2c today as well! Really felt like giving up on even trying to change careers for a couple of hours this afternoon!

It's the 'frozen out' for 3 months that annoys me so much!

Still, onwards and upwards, will just keep working at applications as and when vacancies come up! :(
 

Dave1987

On Moderation
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
4,563
It went from 'Awaiting Shortlisting' to 'Unsuccessful - shortlisting'.

To add salt to my wounds I also got the same 'thanks but no thanks' from c2c today as well! Really felt like giving up on even trying to change careers for a couple of hours this afternoon!

It's the 'frozen out' for 3 months that annoys me so much!

Still, onwards and upwards, will just keep working at applications as and when vacancies come up! :(

They have so many applicants for every single position they can afford to be very very picky, just keep plugging the TOCs jobs pages.
 

ianf7771

Member
Joined
4 Apr 2013
Messages
5
I am an external applicant and have not heard yet. My application status is 'Pending Driver assessment verification'.

hello i have also applied externally and my current status is 'pending driver assessment verification', it says on website assessments will be held in may at some stage so hope to hear something soon.
 

afc_man

Member
Joined
4 Apr 2013
Messages
11
Location
milton keynes
Hi, i have also applied externally and my current status is 'pending driver assessment verification', so the journey begins i guess last time i applied 3 years ago just got the no thanks response!!
 

Skimble19

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
1,508
Location
London
Your definition of corruption must be different to mine thenBeveridges, but recruiting internally is far easier than external applicants as you already have a built up picture of them through their work and know if they are suited. Does the same corruption you claim happen go also for the internal candidates who didn't get the job?

I've had enough with this thread as I am getting threatening pms for a certain poster so I shall leave it.

I suggest you report those to the admins, if you haven't already done so.. Three guesses who they're from!!
 

Jim123

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
44
Afternoon All,

I've been given the nod to do the online comprehension test for the role. I found out today about 3pm by email.

Apparently if you're successful in getting past the comprehension test then the assessment days will be 17th or 20th May.

I'm assuming from your post Ian that the test was a tough one?!

All the best to anyone else in for this.....
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Cracking news there was positive recruitment from this one! Well done to all taking it forward! All the best for the future!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top