Stabling, or looping? I thought there was a general prohibition against stabling trains on running lines.The up loop is mostly used for stabling freight trains.
Stabling, or looping? I thought there was a general prohibition against stabling trains on running lines.The up loop is mostly used for stabling freight trains.
Stabling, or looping? I thought there was a general prohibition against stabling trains on running lines.
Stabling, or looping? I thought there was a general prohibition against stabling trains on running lines.
Yeah, the original post has been amended.Looping - I would presume (although they might be waiting for a while).

By unique I meant relative to what currently exists!
Using the avoider at York has to be worth investigating. Always wondered why the Flying Scotsman never makes use of this, surely it's worth a minute or two off the journey and can't be that much route learning to undertake.