Lemmy99uk
Member
- Joined
- 5 May 2015
- Messages
- 562
Currently sat at Warrington on 1M08 (10:24 Warrington to Euston), due to a fire at Watford Junction.
Must be some fire to be held this far north.
Must be some fire to be held this far north.
It's in the old station at Primrose Hill that straddles the railway outside Euston.
So did I tbh, I was copying Avanti's log.Trains will probably be stacked up all the way back, particularly (and this is good) if they're trying to hold them at platforms so people can get off and make other plans if they want - north of MKC there aren't many stations on the WCML.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I thought that was off to one side? Shame though, it was (was I guess) in quite good condition?
Looks like everything is stacked up as much as it reasonably can be - Crewe and Stafford aren't totally full but naturally you need platforms free for other services to continue operating.Trains will probably be stacked up all the way back, particularly (and this is good) if they're trying to hold them at platforms so people can get off and make other plans if they want - north of MKC there aren't many stations on the WCML.
Crewe even has a service in the rather isolated Platform 12!
Platform 12 is used by all Scotland services now at standard (sometimes swapped with the LNR Euston). Used far more than someLooks like everything is stacked up as much as it reasonably can be - Crewe and Stafford aren't totally full but naturally you need platforms free for other services to continue operating.
Crewe even has a service in the rather isolated Platform 12!
A little bit still close enough to the mainline to cause disruption, especially if the OHLE is all under one control.Trains will probably be stacked up all the way back, particularly (and this is good) if they're trying to hold them at platforms so people can get off and make other plans if they want - north of MKC there aren't many stations on the WCML.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I thought that was off to one side? Shame though, it was (was I guess) in quite good condition?
Sorry, thats partially my fault; I sent a good number of people that way from the Euston FC LoungeI’m on the 11:36 from Marylebone and to say it’s cozy would be a gross understatement!
At some point yes as there will be a hiatus in trains running back northwards to form the southbound servicesAny thoughts on whether this is still likely to be affecting southbound services Lancaster Warrington later this afternoon?
At some point yes as there will be a hiatus in trains running back northwards to form the southbound services
Wow, that's bad. Closer to the WCML than I thought.
The Lioness has reopened with severe delays but the Mildmay is still suspended.
A little bit still close enough to the mainline to cause disruption, especially if the OHLE is all under one control.
Unfortunate name for the current tenant too given it’s a fire (Fierce Grace’s Hot Yoga).
Warning stretches into rush hour as disruption expected beyond 5pm
I noticed. Whilst I feel for the business, everyone caught up in the disruption and the firefighters working on that but… what a nameFierce Grace Hot Yoga now shows as "Temporarily Closed" on Google Maps, that didn't take long!
the BBC article saysFierce Grace Hot Yoga now shows as "Temporarily Closed" on Google Maps, that didn't take long!
The fire is close to the site of a former hot yoga studio. The cause of the blaze is not known.
Avanti West Coast services to London were reportedly held at stations as far north as Warrington.