Hi I have never used the fip coupons before.if traveling from Munich to Salzburg and back is it DB or obb coupons you use?
Thank youYes, you can use your DB coupon to and from Salzburg, but not on Meridian services.
Only slightly related but I was once gripped by an OBB conductor on a Zurich - Münich IC for not having an OBB coupon (I had the SBB and DB coupons though). To be fair, it was my fault, I had failed to appreciate that the route nipped into Austria for a few miles around Bregenz. He wasn't particularly charitable to the railway family back then.
A slight anomaly in the rules occurs in Switzerland where an SBB or BLS coupon is valid from Brig to Domodossola in Italy. Not sure if an FS coupon would be valid the other way though!
Indeed. Just to clarify in general, tariff and operational borders frequently do not align with the geographic border.The route is operated by the Swiss, which may explain it.
Yes, you can use your DB coupon to and from Salzburg, but not on Meridian services.