I know people must get annoyed when members of the public think they know it all, but I'm concerned about a certain member of dispatch staff who never looks between the CD and RA. This is the same person I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago.
I've observed him multiple times not checking the doors are safely closed and swapping directly from giving the CD to RA, and never even turning around. By contrast, the others step back and give a proper look in each direction - as they're supposed to.
This morning he did it again, and was further distracted by a woman who asked if the train about to go was to Moorgate. So, while effectively facing towards platform 2 (the train was on platform 1) he turned the key to OD, then a few seconds later to RA. He didn't even move his head at all.
So, I (perhaps stupidly) waited until the train had gone and confronted him by asking how he knew the train doors were safely shut and locked, and nobody was trapped. He told me he'd looked.
I told him he did not, and asked again how he could possibly know - explaining what he'd done and been seen doing, including talking to someone. He repeated that he'd looked, and denied he'd spoken to anyone. He then walked off.
Clearly I know what I saw, but can't do anything else with it being my word against his.
As my Moorgate train came in, I kept an eye on him again and this time he did an incredibly quick turn before giving the RA - totally pointless. I can't believe he wouldn't have at least then tried to do things properly, even exaggerating the check to try and prove a point to me.
Who could I report this to? Someone needs to go and monitor him as the only thing preventing an accident during rush hour is the fact that the train doors probably won't lock if someone gets something stuck.
I've observed him multiple times not checking the doors are safely closed and swapping directly from giving the CD to RA, and never even turning around. By contrast, the others step back and give a proper look in each direction - as they're supposed to.
This morning he did it again, and was further distracted by a woman who asked if the train about to go was to Moorgate. So, while effectively facing towards platform 2 (the train was on platform 1) he turned the key to OD, then a few seconds later to RA. He didn't even move his head at all.
So, I (perhaps stupidly) waited until the train had gone and confronted him by asking how he knew the train doors were safely shut and locked, and nobody was trapped. He told me he'd looked.
I told him he did not, and asked again how he could possibly know - explaining what he'd done and been seen doing, including talking to someone. He repeated that he'd looked, and denied he'd spoken to anyone. He then walked off.
Clearly I know what I saw, but can't do anything else with it being my word against his.
As my Moorgate train came in, I kept an eye on him again and this time he did an incredibly quick turn before giving the RA - totally pointless. I can't believe he wouldn't have at least then tried to do things properly, even exaggerating the check to try and prove a point to me.
Who could I report this to? Someone needs to go and monitor him as the only thing preventing an accident during rush hour is the fact that the train doors probably won't lock if someone gets something stuck.