Dexplay
Member
Hi booked a ticket for my gf from MAN Airport to York for 20th March 8.25pm (done this route many times never had this ticket issue)
paid for 1st class ticket .
When I got the E-tickets its states on the ticket
MAN Airport To Staylybridge -
then second ticket saying Staylybridge - York
No problem I though even though I have never changed on this route at staylybridge ever.
Then went back to check on the Trainline site
and the 8.25pm to York on the 20th March clearly states 8.25pm Man Airpot 20:43 Manchester Piccadilly then change At Man Picc to York
my 2 tickets clearly state
MAN AIRPORT STAYLYBRIDGE
then second ticket
STAYLYBRIDGE YORK
(with instruction to change at Staylybridge)
So I called the Train line (offshore call centre)
to be told dont worry as you have a split saver ticket, ignore the change written on the ticket and change at MAN PICC
and get the next train to YORK from there - do not change at Staylybridge. I tried to ask why the ticket clearly says something different from the website
he said dont worry its just so you can get a split saver ticket and it wont be questioned when changing trains or getting the ticket inspected.
So I then thought about it and called again - only to be given the same answer.
this sounds confusing and kind of wrong. I dont want my GF being offloaded from the train or having to pay for a new fare
the staff on the trainline either have it right or they dont but the ticket is showing wrong information unless this is the way split save works
can anyone advise on this ?
many thanks Dex
paid for 1st class ticket .
When I got the E-tickets its states on the ticket
MAN Airport To Staylybridge -
then second ticket saying Staylybridge - York
No problem I though even though I have never changed on this route at staylybridge ever.
Then went back to check on the Trainline site
and the 8.25pm to York on the 20th March clearly states 8.25pm Man Airpot 20:43 Manchester Piccadilly then change At Man Picc to York
my 2 tickets clearly state
MAN AIRPORT STAYLYBRIDGE
then second ticket
STAYLYBRIDGE YORK
(with instruction to change at Staylybridge)
So I called the Train line (offshore call centre)
to be told dont worry as you have a split saver ticket, ignore the change written on the ticket and change at MAN PICC
and get the next train to YORK from there - do not change at Staylybridge. I tried to ask why the ticket clearly says something different from the website
he said dont worry its just so you can get a split saver ticket and it wont be questioned when changing trains or getting the ticket inspected.
So I then thought about it and called again - only to be given the same answer.
this sounds confusing and kind of wrong. I dont want my GF being offloaded from the train or having to pay for a new fare
the staff on the trainline either have it right or they dont but the ticket is showing wrong information unless this is the way split save works
can anyone advise on this ?
many thanks Dex
