I posted a thread three months ago where I was falsely accused of fare dodging on a train for being in possession of a month's worth of tickets, which was allegedly proof that I had been using the same ticket for a month on a train.
Three months later I have been falsely accused of fare dodging again for just as ridiculous a reason.
After putting my ticket through the barrier, a member of station staff stepped into my path and blocked me from exiting, leaving me trapped between him and the gate, which had now shut behind me.
At this point he accused me of being a fare dodger and told me that he needed to inspect my ticket. After several minutes inspecting a clearly valid ticket, he gave it back to me and began yelling abuse at me as I walked towards my train. Of course, everybody looked at me as though I was the one in the wrong.
Both of these incidents happened with Great Western Railway. While I have complained, I suspect that nothing will be done as it appears to be company policy to accuse passengers of being fare dodgers and to yell abuse at them after being proven wrong.
Three months later I have been falsely accused of fare dodging again for just as ridiculous a reason.
After putting my ticket through the barrier, a member of station staff stepped into my path and blocked me from exiting, leaving me trapped between him and the gate, which had now shut behind me.
At this point he accused me of being a fare dodger and told me that he needed to inspect my ticket. After several minutes inspecting a clearly valid ticket, he gave it back to me and began yelling abuse at me as I walked towards my train. Of course, everybody looked at me as though I was the one in the wrong.
Both of these incidents happened with Great Western Railway. While I have complained, I suspect that nothing will be done as it appears to be company policy to accuse passengers of being fare dodgers and to yell abuse at them after being proven wrong.