Do you know the root cause?
No. Do you? But what has that got to do with the fact that Gbrf (and early, its parent company Europorte) own and maintain the locomotive?
Wow Actually I hope it doesn't fail as it would be incredibly selfish of me just wish that the pax onboard are inconvenienced just so I can say 'told you so' to some people on an internet forum...
I can't see why you hate 92s so badly.
Sometimes you just can't help this place. Obviously I know that not everyone wants the same thing but a couple of years ago threads about the sleeper were full of posts hoping it would become a separate franchise so it would be marketed better and be taken more seriously etc. Here are now with proper plans for it for the future being made and everyone is hoping they fall down at the first hurdle. Why? Because the locos were replaced with newer ones. Its quite pathetic tbh
I don't think anyone has said that they either hate 92s, want to see the operation fail or see it fail at the first hurdle. And I don't think anyone has said that they want any of the above due to newer locomotives being put on the trains.
Failures and delays cost money, reflect badly on the companies involved, p*ss off the customers, impact on other services and generally cause no end of problems for all concerned.
What was said was that 92s are unreliable (which they are; fact) and that it was nice to see 'heritage' traction working the train.