Hi All,
This is my first post here.
Today while travelling on GWR the ticket inspector asked for my ticket. I had a ticket bought with a 16-25 railcard but unfortunately couldn't open the railcard then. The officer took my details then told me that I will receive a prosecution letter in the next few weeks.
I then checked my railcard and discovered that it expired 31 days ago and immediately renewed it. Does the fact that I renewed it on the same day solve this problem?
I really didn't know that it expired and would've paid the full ticket price if I knew it or would have renewed it... Now I'm really afraid that I could end up with a criminal offence and a criminal record. I'm starting a new job and on a spouse VISA that I have to renew in the next 6 months so I'm really scared that this could end up ruining my life!
I also stress a lot and suffer from anxiety so this is making things really hard. Can anyone please let me know what will happen to me and what should I do?
Thanks!
This is my first post here.
Today while travelling on GWR the ticket inspector asked for my ticket. I had a ticket bought with a 16-25 railcard but unfortunately couldn't open the railcard then. The officer took my details then told me that I will receive a prosecution letter in the next few weeks.
I then checked my railcard and discovered that it expired 31 days ago and immediately renewed it. Does the fact that I renewed it on the same day solve this problem?
I really didn't know that it expired and would've paid the full ticket price if I knew it or would have renewed it... Now I'm really afraid that I could end up with a criminal offence and a criminal record. I'm starting a new job and on a spouse VISA that I have to renew in the next 6 months so I'm really scared that this could end up ruining my life!
I also stress a lot and suffer from anxiety so this is making things really hard. Can anyone please let me know what will happen to me and what should I do?
Thanks!
