waterlooroader
Member
- Joined
- 2 Apr 2013
- Messages
- 95
A quick question, how were / are PSB panels expanded when new sections are moved in to them?
Specific examples I am thinking about are back when Wolverhampton PSB was still in service; when the new platform 4 was built at Wolverhampton, was a new panel installed or the existing panel modified? (The old panel would have only had 5 platforms, as opposed to the 6 after the development)
Also, when a smaller box closes and control switches to the PSB (Codsall closing and control switching to Wolverhampton PSB again) are new panels added?
I realise that this question will become redundant as PSBs are eventually replaced by ROCs, but I am interested to know how the PSB areas of control would be expanded.
Specific examples I am thinking about are back when Wolverhampton PSB was still in service; when the new platform 4 was built at Wolverhampton, was a new panel installed or the existing panel modified? (The old panel would have only had 5 platforms, as opposed to the 6 after the development)
Also, when a smaller box closes and control switches to the PSB (Codsall closing and control switching to Wolverhampton PSB again) are new panels added?
I realise that this question will become redundant as PSBs are eventually replaced by ROCs, but I am interested to know how the PSB areas of control would be expanded.
still a lot of noise with all the banging about, but the builders were under strict instuction, that if they were told to be quiet (due to incidents etc) they were to down tools / stop straight away.