• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar - Qualified Train Driver - St Pancras (11/09/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2017
Messages
9
I know of some that have heard, they’ve been unsuccessful this time around. I’ve not heard yet .
Appreciate the message. Yeah same for me an my mate also. I’d like to think we’ve passed the filtering part at least. Unfortunate for those who have heard

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Appreciate the message. Yeah same for me an my mate also. I’d like to think we’ve passed the filtering part at least. Unfortunate for those who have heard
Good luck to all :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rush

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2017
Messages
9
Myself and my friend have not heard yet, So I guess it’s still in progress
 

PLY2AYS

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2024
Messages
518
Location
Montserrat
I’ve heard back… sadly unsuccessful this time around.

Hoping it’s just my proximity to London that’s the issue!

Best of luck to everyone else applying! Let us know how you get on with the process please!
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,673
I’ve heard back… sadly unsuccessful this time around.

Hoping it’s just my proximity to London that’s the issue!

Best of luck to everyone else applying! Let us know how you get on with the process please!
Do you live far away from London
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,673
Essex! But I’ve seen EMR drivers going to Chelmsford after a turn, so thought I could be safe in applying.

Might sneakily change depot to set myself up for success in future!
Well I'm not sure that EMR drivers living in Chelmsford influences Eurostar at all :lol:
 

A12

Member
Joined
27 Aug 2019
Messages
15
Location
Essex
Essex! But I’ve seen EMR drivers going to Chelmsford after a turn, so thought I could be safe in applying.

Might sneakily change depot to set myself up for success in future!
Wouldn't worry about location. There are drivers at Eurostar who travel as far as Colchester, Dover, Hertfordshire etc
 

PLY2AYS

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2024
Messages
518
Location
Montserrat
Wouldn't worry about location. There are drivers at Eurostar who travel as far as Colchester, Dover, Hertfordshire etc
I guess I’ll have to put it down to a poor application then!
I’ll get my head in the books and brush up on my French, that’ll be something to flex more about next time.
 

irish_rail

On Moderation
Joined
30 Oct 2013
Messages
4,530
Location
Plymouth
I guess I’ll have to put it down to a poor application then!
I’ll get my head in the books and brush up on my French, that’ll be something to flex more about next time.
If you are who I assume you are could it be more likely its a lack of mainline experience? You are still young, give it a couple of years driving mainline trains and give it another bash, I'd say you'd be a good fit for Eurostar. Good luck in future applications....
 

PLY2AYS

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2024
Messages
518
Location
Montserrat
If you are who I assume you are could it be more likely its a lack of mainline experience? You are still young, give it a couple of years driving mainline trains and give it another bash, I'd say you'd be a good fit for Eurostar. Good luck in future applications....
I am exactly who you think I am! Absolutely a factor, most likely the biggest one. I’ll wait and see what the future brings.

I think you’re probably right.
 

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
I guess I’ll have to put it down to a poor application then!
I’ll get my head in the books and brush up on my French, that’ll be something to flex more about next time.

Haven't you only recently started employment as a main line driver at another TOC? Seems odd to be looking to move already, unless you're not happy where you are currently.
 

signed

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2024
Messages
2,388
Location
ROI
If you are who I assume you are could it be more likely its a lack of mainline experience?
This is very likely that, especially noting that the absolute minimal experience to drive a TGV under SNCF rules is 15 years mainline, though Eurostar rules are very likely different.
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,673
Eurostar generally want 3 years' qualified experience.
Took you with less :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Haven't you only recently started employment as a main line driver at another TOC? Seems odd to be looking to move already, unless you're not happy where you are currently.
To be fair though , you don't get many chances for Eurostar and I would say you have to apply when you get the chance.
 

PLY2AYS

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2024
Messages
518
Location
Montserrat
Haven't you only recently started employment as a main line driver at another TOC? Seems odd to be looking to move already, unless you're not happy where you are currently.
Merely testing the waters!

I am extremely happy where I am now. Absolutely!
 

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
To be fair though , you don't get many chances for Eurostar and I would say you have to apply when you get the chance.

Is Eurostar considered a much better employer than normal UK TOCs then? What's the big attraction?
 

martin2345uk

Established Member
Joined
21 Sep 2011
Messages
2,409
Location
Essex
Is Eurostar considered a much better employer than normal UK TOCs then? What's the big attraction?
It still pays the most, though that gap is narrower now than maybe it once was. It's the only TOC in the UK (for now) where you can drive at higher than 125mph which appeals to some I guess.
 

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Messages
3,228
It's a unique experience, which may also add to the attraction.

It's the only mainline TOC where you drive internationally and that to some will be it's own attraction
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,673
Is Eurostar considered a much better employer than normal UK TOCs then? What's the big attraction?
From what I have heard they are great to work for. Of course Paris might appeal more than other destinations etc. At EMR our messroom is next door to theirs and we share some facilities. I know Martin on here and at least another half dozen drivers.
 

Jaytrains

Member
Joined
20 Nov 2017
Messages
585
Yeah I completely agree haha! I’ll have to get an address closer in for next time I apply.
Like i’ve said in other conversations, using a family or friends address that lives closer to the depot is the way forward because even if your current address was within 45mins from the depot it doesn’t mean that you can’t move house in future

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Is Eurostar considered a much better employer than normal UK TOCs then? What's the big attraction?
They do look after their staff starting from cleaners all the way up to the drivers and even their train managers are on a good salary of £52000
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top