• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar - Qualified Train Driver - St Pancras (11/09/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Piper720

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2023
Messages
20
Location
Kent
For those drivers that commute from outside of London which I hear is a fair few, what happens if your train in is cancelled/ massively delayed? Do Eurostar get you a cab in or is it down to you to arrange alternative means?
 

43066

Veteran Member
Joined
24 Nov 2019
Messages
12,089
Location
London
For those drivers that commute from outside of London which I hear is a fair few, what happens if your train in is cancelled/ massively delayed? Do Eurostar get you a cab in or is it down to you to arrange alternative means?

They would get you a cab (there’s a taxi arrangement in addition to the hotel if you require it), but obviously if it happened en route there wouldn’t be much anyone could do about it - much the same as any other TOC.
 

TJ123

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2017
Messages
68
I missed out on this recruitment drive, anyone who works for Eurostar, do you think there might be another recruitment drive in the future? I ask because I've seen in the last few years Eurostar have recruited quite a bit and also saw a post on LinkedIn from one of their drivers that they pretty much have near reached depot compliment. Just wondering if it will be a couple of years or a good few years if they decide to recruit again
 

43066

Veteran Member
Joined
24 Nov 2019
Messages
12,089
Location
London
I missed out on this recruitment drive, anyone who works for Eurostar, do you think there might be another recruitment drive in the future? I ask because I've seen in the last few years Eurostar have recruited quite a bit and also saw a post on LinkedIn from one of their drivers that they pretty much have near reached depot compliment. Just wondering if it will be a couple of years or a good few years if they decide to recruit again

Another campaign is likely in the latter part of this year based on a well informed source. They’re expanding and also have an ageing population of traincrew. They carried record numbers of passengers last year due to the Paris olympics, so it’s a positive picture for the future.

Worth getting the application in asap as the last one was pulled early, I seem to recall.
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,673
I missed out on this recruitment drive, anyone who works for Eurostar, do you think there might be another recruitment drive in the future? I ask because I've seen in the last few years Eurostar have recruited quite a bit and also saw a post on LinkedIn from one of their drivers that they pretty much have near reached depot compliment. Just wondering if it will be a couple of years or a good few years if they decide to recruit again
I don't drive for Eurostar but I share mess facilities and know a good few drivers. Might be recruiting later this year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top