• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar food and drink policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Strife

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2014
Messages
2,965
About taking food/drinks into the EU/UK: the general principle is that as long as you don't attempt to actually import it (i.e. pass through customs without making a declaration), then it's not an issue. Customs controls are carried out on arrival, not departure, so if you still have leftover banned food/plant items or alcohol in excess of the personal allowances, it should be declared.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brooke

Member
Joined
13 Jan 2020
Messages
324
Location
Switzerland
Also re food & drink: I’ve been taking a coffee through security at St P quite regularly for years. Last week I put the coffee cup in the bag tray and got asked for the first time if it was empty. « Oh yes » says I and my full coffee cup sailed smoothly through.

Anyone else been asked about this?

Apparently it’s still OK as it wasn’t taken off me - maybe the security person was simply worried the coffee would spill in the tray?
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,833
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Also re food & drink: I’ve been taking a coffee through security at St P quite regularly for years. Last week I put the coffee cup in the bag tray and got asked for the first time if it was empty. « Oh yes » says I and my full coffee cup sailed smoothly through.

Anyone else been asked about this?

Apparently it’s still OK as it wasn’t taken off me - maybe the security person was simply worried the coffee would spill in the tray?

They've got special coffee holders to avoid it spilling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top