Hi there. I'm looking to see if anyone here has any info on the dates/years that the EPS/Eurostar Class 37/6 locomotives were altered prior to being sold off to other operators. Browsing photos shows the 37/6 fleet has several alterations over the years.
I do know that they were originally refurbished for use on the cancelled Nightstar project to work with a Mk3 generator van and the special Metro Cammell coaching stock. They originally were pictured with having been fitted with RCH jumpers, the special Nightstar jumper (Also used for multiple working on class 92s) and through wired with ETH jumpers. Asides from those changes they still retained their original tail lights and the dummy receptacle of the ETH jumper was mounted straight up in a similar manner to a 37/4.
Later pictures then show the ETH jumpers were changed with the dummy socket mounted at a more horizontal angle.
Then even later pictures (taken in the 2000s) show them with having new taillights and having two large extra headlights mounted flush in the top of the nose.
I'm looking for exact dates these modifications took place and potentially why.
Additionally was there anything extra added to the cabs unique to this subclass and was the train length or Slow Speed Control equipment from when they were originally a part of the trainload freight class 37/5 pool retained or removed?
I'm a big fan of pre-2007 Eurostar operations and Nightstar as well and have recently embarked on making modifications/custom reskins for train simulator classic. I'm just looking for info so I can try and make my things as accurate as possible.
Additionally for the 37/6s that received the extra lights. Is anyone lucky enough to have captured a photograph of one at night or with the big extra headlights illuminated?
I do know that they were originally refurbished for use on the cancelled Nightstar project to work with a Mk3 generator van and the special Metro Cammell coaching stock. They originally were pictured with having been fitted with RCH jumpers, the special Nightstar jumper (Also used for multiple working on class 92s) and through wired with ETH jumpers. Asides from those changes they still retained their original tail lights and the dummy receptacle of the ETH jumper was mounted straight up in a similar manner to a 37/4.
Later pictures then show the ETH jumpers were changed with the dummy socket mounted at a more horizontal angle.
Then even later pictures (taken in the 2000s) show them with having new taillights and having two large extra headlights mounted flush in the top of the nose.
I'm looking for exact dates these modifications took place and potentially why.
Additionally was there anything extra added to the cabs unique to this subclass and was the train length or Slow Speed Control equipment from when they were originally a part of the trainload freight class 37/5 pool retained or removed?
I'm a big fan of pre-2007 Eurostar operations and Nightstar as well and have recently embarked on making modifications/custom reskins for train simulator classic. I'm just looking for info so I can try and make my things as accurate as possible.
Additionally for the 37/6s that received the extra lights. Is anyone lucky enough to have captured a photograph of one at night or with the big extra headlights illuminated?